• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USA language?

I had the idea of making a usa language folder. This is to get rid of the currencies box, linking the flags to currencies. I copied the english then renamed to us, got a nice little us flag from contributions and set it up in the admin section. Now this all works fine, but I set the default to usa and it still comes up in the english version "?". When I click on the us flag it changes to $. but this should be the default page. Any ideas would be very welcome.

pete

I had the idea of making a usa language folder. This is to get rid of the currencies box, linking the flags to currencies. I copied the english then renamed to us, got a nice little us flag from contributions and set it up in the admin section. Now this all works fine, but I set the default to usa and it still comes up in the english version "?". When I click on the us flag it changes to $. but this should be the default page. Any ideas would be very welcome.

pete

Way to much work. No need for a new language folder. All you need to is remove the currencies you do not want in your admin center, comment out the language and currency boxes in your column_right.php file and replace the british flag image with a american one.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Way to much work. No need for a new language folder.  All you need to is remove the currencies you do not want in your admin center, comment out the language and currency boxes in your column_right.php file and replace the british flag image with a american one.

The trouble is I need both ? & $

pete

The trouble is I need both ? & $

pete

Well if you have not figured this out yet. The currency is seperate from the language folder. You need to set your currency choices in your admin and the customer can choose them using the currency box without changing languages.

There is no need for a new language just so you can offer a different currency.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived