• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

slurp56

I plan to do offline credit card number processing until business speed up to the point where a secure gateway would be practical.

I think emailing the middle 8 numbers is a poor solution at best and a large pain.

I have written some test code that allows me to generate my own SSL key, encrypt the credit card data using my public key, and store it in the database. My private key I plan to keep on my local machine only and make a small tool to allow me to decrpyt the info, then punch the number.

Has someone begun working on this type of a contribution? I plan to have this done this coming week, just curious to see if it already existed as my searches havent turned up anything too useful.

Thanks,

-Tony

I have a recurring billing product and need to capture and record the cc#. There has been a good bit posted about the legality of recording credit card numbers. I do business with 3 large companies that have recurring billing and they ALL store cc info, it just has to be offline.

I would like to charge credit cards at the time of purchase using Auth.net BUT still record them offline, even if it is split 1234xxxxxxxx1234.

Does anyone know how this can be done. It seems as though if someone knew what they were doing (clearly not me) it would not be too difficult.

A little mix & match of the cc module and the authorize.net module. I have tried repeatedly but I can not get it to:

1. authorize & capture charge

2. store the middle 8 and email the begin/end.

If anyone has an idea I sure would love to hear it. My current system of rebilling one-at-a-time

is taking me days and absolutely suffocating me each month.

Please..any information.

Thanks For Your Help

badjo :D

Tony, how are you going to provide validation to your customers regarding ssl? why not just get a server with a shared ssl certificate?

then you dont have to worry about losing customers

Edited by Mibble

Tony, how are you going to provide validation to your customers regarding ssl?  why not just get a server with a shared ssl certificate?

then you dont have to worry about losing customers

John,

I am currently on a server with a shared SSL certificate and when I launch I will purchase my own. I am talking about encrypting the string of numbers that is stored in the database. If you use the built in credit card module, it stores the numbers in plain text in the database. I want to encrypt the number and expiry date in the database, so as someone at the service provider does not have access. In the admin section, it will show the encrypted string in a text box which I can copy and paste the string to a small app on my local machine (offline) that will decrypt it and show the number so I can process it.