• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Clueless

speednstylez

Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to oScommerce along with all other shopping carts. I was trying to play around with my newly installed oScommerce site and have done something terribly wrong. Is anyone willing to help me out and take a look at what I have done wrong? My site is www.speednstylez.com Thanks in advance for any help on this...

>_<

Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to oScommerce along with all other shopping carts. I was trying to play around with my newly installed oScommerce site and have done something terribly wrong. Is anyone willing to help me out and take a look at what I have done wrong? My site is www.speednstylez.com  Thanks in advance for any help on this...

>_<

From what I can see, when you installed to your server you used the full address of your catalog, (http://www.speednstylez.com/catalog), instead of just catalog.

I don't know of an easy way round this. You may have to back up your database and edit settings in it, or just reinstall may be the safest.

Being new to this myself I could not say for sure.

You have your files in http://www.speednstylez.com/catalog. You can move those to either a catalog folder or your root folder. Cpanel, or an FTP program can do it for you. You don't need to do anything to the DB but you will need to edit your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files to reflect the change in directory paths.

HTH

Peter

PS Try editing the configure.php files but if stuck post them here without the DB information at the bottom.

Hey everyone, thanks for the quick replies. I would like to try doing what was mentioned above but I am very limited to what I can do. I only have basic HTML skills and am nowhere near understanding the above mentioned...

Archived