• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

no admin login screen

oswigi

Hello,

Thank you all for such a great shopping cart. I previously was using agoracart and cubecart. When I saw oscommerce I immediately needed to give it a try. I installed it, ran the install script and everything went fine. My online store is working and everything seems great.

I ran into a small problem (I hope its small) I followed all instructions the best I could and searched the internet and these forums throughly. When I access my store

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/admin

it brings me to the admin page where I can configure my store, I went to a nearby pc and tried to access the admin screen and it appeared. No login screen appeared for my admin security

The install process went fine, I am not running SSL yet since I have encountered this problem. I looked for enabled_logins true/ false. I hope I do not need to reinstall the store. I also have a admin username and a password I remember creating.

Any help would greatly be appreciated and I will make sure to visit these boards often as they seem to be very informative on such a great shopping cart. I will make my contribution today!

thank you for your time

By default osC does not have a admin protection

You can do it with your hosting control panel by using the directory protection feature or go in the contribution arear (ling at top of page) and do a search for admin

The_Bear

Hello

what is Me gustaria, I tried about 10 translators that told me it meant "gustaria me"

anyhow-

I went to my hosting companies control panel, a real nice panel by the way!

site management tools> web protect> admin> set user/ pass

Archived