• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Invalid linking paths being created

Something strange has started to happen on our site. The paths to the product information links are not being generated correctly.

Rather than being:

http://www.safshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=35699

They now appear as:

http://www.safshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/35699

We have tried many variations of the configure.php script to fix this and to no avail. Any ideas why this would be happening? Right now, everything is broken on the site because of this problem.

We are running Enterprise Linux.

Thanks.

The sites I have use RedHat Enterprise Linux, and no such problems. Have you altered the '?' to '/' anywhere in the files within the includes folder, its subfolders and files?

Vger.

The sites I have use RedHat Enterprise Linux, and no such problems.  Have you altered the '?' to '/' anywhere in the files within the includes folder, its subfolders and files?

Vger.

No, but just solved the problem. Hope this helps others.

Someone had set the "search engine safe" URL parameter to TRUE in the admin section. That caused all the '?' and '=' characters to be replaced with '/'. When I turned it off, everything started working again. Go figure!

Thanks anyway.

No, but just solved the problem. Hope this helps others.

Someone had set the "search engine safe" URL parameter to TRUE in the admin section. That caused all the '?' and '=' characters to be replaced with '/'. When I turned it off, everything started working again. Go figure!

Thanks anyway.

I had the same problem. Is there any way to make "search engine safe" URLs with out breaking the site? I like the idea of having static web pages.

Archived