• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change database name for local backups

Hi,

I want to be able to backup my online site to my local PC, where I run a "localhost" copy, edit the data locally, and be able to then back it up, and go to the live on-line store and restore THAT backup to the site.

I have an ODBC connection set up to write custom Access or Visual Foxpro update programs locally.

The problem is that my local install DB is called "oscommerce", and the on-line one is another name, and it won't restore from the local backup.

How can I make my local copy the same? I don't care about any of the data in it right now.

BTW, I did search for an answer first, but found none! <g>

Thanks

i have no idea why you can not restore a backup, as long as you put it into the live /catalog/admin/backups directory it will show up.

one thing i do, is to have an identical named database, username and password for the local database as well as the online database.

then in the includes/local keep the local configure.php file and in the includes keep the site configure.php.

osCommerce is built in that way to allow you to program locally on the same database name you want to use without having to modify much

then in the includes/local keep the local configure.php file and in the includes keep the site configure.php.

osCommerce is built in that way to allow you to program locally on the same database name you want to use without having to modify much

only now you tell me :D

no more switching configure's :)

i imagine that nobody ever before asked what you can do with /local/ ?

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

Archived