• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Market Website

1legspider

Idea is to replicate as far as possible the idea of a bustling, dynamic market place with numerous independent stalls selling a fantastic variety of unusual, hand-made and crafted goods....

Alas, whilst lots of ideas, lack of time and my design skills let me down...

So an oscommerce stock front (although quite a few behind the scene changes):

Front Page:

http://www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/index.php

An example Market Stall:

http://www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/celticglassdesigns

Any comments on any aspect of this website and what I am trying to achieve would be appreciated...

Also, looking for brilliant designers (I can get by on the techy side) who could help make this project work...

Thanks

Gerry

I wanted to find out delivery costs, but had to register and buy before these costs where shown. I am sure you will lose customers because of this.

Have you looked into UK distance selling regs. I dont think you can say once you have made you order you can't change/cancel it because distance selling says you can change your mind within 7 days

I'm not sure about the idea of you taking the money but expecting the customers to deal with the sellers direct if there is a problem.

Just a few concerns I would have as a customer to your site, i don't get the safe/secure feeling

Hello,

Probably Spain is not in your target but anyway, accessing your site from here, it shows this:

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages/espanol/mainpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/index.php on line 419
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/espanol/browse_categories.php' (include_path='') in /www.craftmarketcorner.co.uk/includes/modules/browse_categories.php on line 86

Good luck.

It's a good idea with, I would think, much potential. With a lot of work I am sure you could produce a really interesting layout, taking the market stall theme to it's extreme.

Whilst browsing one of the stalls I clicked a link (the Ppets) which took me off your site to another. This is a BAD THING. I would recommend that you open external links in a new window.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

Thank you all for your replies....

I am reworking the site and taking onboard your comments... and hopefully before long will have something better up for review.

Thanks once again.

Gerry (1legspider)

Archived