• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving to a New Server

kikePTY

I move the catalog to a new server, i configured everything ok. For now, everything pretend to be ok.

But if i access to the catalog at the beginning of the page appears this message:

Warning: The directory to keep data from session does not exist: /tmp. The sessions will not work until not corriga this error.

I did tests: I create that directory in the www root, in the catalog folder, admin folder and the includes folders of catalog and admin. And the mistake still appears.

Can someone help me please? what i have to do?

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

go to your admin/tools/server info and then search for document_root and then look at the path, write it down.

then move it up one level from there, ie if post is /home/var/username/public_html make it at /home/var/username/tmp with 777 properties, then change the settings in logging and sessions.

also set store sessions in configure.php to mysql

go to your admin/tools/server info and then search for document_root and then look at the path, write it down.

then move it up one level from there, ie if post is /home/var/username/public_html make it at /home/var/username/tmp with 777 properties, then change the settings in logging and sessions.

I looked for the file and i found this file in admin folder: server_info.php, but there i didn?t see any path.

I didn?t understand what did you mean: move it up one level from there, ie if post is /home/var/username/public_html make it at /home/var/username/tmp with 777 properties, then change the settings in logging and sessions, also set store sessions in configure.php to mysql.

Can you be more specific on it because i?m sorry but i am newbie on this.

do I have to create a folder call tmp in the public html (www) folder? I tried creating it but the mistake still appears.

I will appreciate your soon support.

Thanks!

Hi i found the document root, but i don?t know what do you mean with the other instructions. This is my document root:

/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/businesssuppliers.com.pa/httpdocs

Please help me!

Thanks!

Archived