• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A few questions from a desperate shop owner :(

Hi all!

My webshop is www.componentsuk.co.uk (still basic osc but im happy with it)

Wonder if you can help me out here - I've been racking my brains trying to find the correct php file to change the following txt.

(1) Welcome to ComponentsUK.co.uk. Feel free to browse our site... ??? Which file is this in ?

(2) How do i change the shipping names i,e Priority Shipping to DHL or something ?

(3) Is there a way to add SSL after ive set the site up ? or does this have to be done at the beginning ?

If anyone could help me, that would be great! Plus give me some feedback on the store as well :thumbsup:

Rob

These are pretty simple questions. All of which have already been answered in the forums. Got to do a search before posting these things :-)

1)check yout /public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file.

Try changing define('TEXT_MAIN', 'WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SAY');

3)Yes you can add ssl to your site after it has been set up. If I where you I would go to cacert and get a free certificate first. Then mess around with setting things up correctly. Then I would by a SSL certificate and install it over the free one.

as for question 2 I don't know where you want to change the shipping names... I only use one shipping option so I don't have that problem.

PM me if you need more help

P.S. your header is MESSED up on a 800 X 600 screen. I would consider fixing that.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

These are pretty simple questions. All of which have already been answered in the forums. Got to do a search before posting these things :-)

1)check yout /public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file.

Try changing define('TEXT_MAIN', 'WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SAY');

3)Yes you can add ssl to your site after it has been set up. If I where you I would go to cacert and get a free certificate first. Then mess around with setting things up correctly. Then I would by a SSL certificate and install it over the free one.

as for question 2 I don't know where you want to change the shipping names... I only use one shipping option so I don't have that problem.

PM me if you need more help

P.S. your header is MESSED up on a 800 X 600 screen. I would consider fixing that.

Thanks for the Info Andy.. I sorted the txt at the top now, I'm currently purging the forums for how to modify the size of the Header image as well..

What i actually meant with the shipping was - when you goto the checkout screen and the click on proceed, takes you to another page where you select the type of shipping availible and its the headings on these shipping types which i'm after changing.

I used a Wonderful contribution called pwtablev1.1 which i need to change the heading on this (instead of Cost/Weight table) to Royal Mail Recorded. I've searched through the forums and it i cant find anything connecting to this kind of question.

Would be good if anyone knows how to ?

Thanks

Rob

Archived