• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

autologon contribution

Does anyone know if the autologon contribution only works on a secured site? I loaded Apache on a Windows 98SE OS that is not connected to the internet to "tweak" my site before going live. It worked fine on this set up, but will not work on my live site (no SSL yet).

i would do a search in the support area for this contribution, from what i have read, many people have been having problems in combination with the search engines on spidering the files, i dont remember what it is, but if you search for autologon you should find the posts

i would do a search in the support area for this contribution, from what i have read, many people have been having problems in combination with the search engines on spidering the files, i dont remember what it is, but if you search for autologon you should find the posts

Thanks,

Been there done that. I just thought someone may have something new to offer or better answers. I haven't been able to reach the people who provided the contribution either.

Yes, I did notice some threads about a secure site. I also noticed in the contribution that it scrambles the password and needs something to unscramble it to store in a cookie on a web server. Unless there is a means of scrambling and unscrambling the user and password and store it, it will not recongnize the person resigning on.

I will just disable it until either I get on a secure site or I get some better answers.

Archived