• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shutdown IIS

JCS

I'm running EasyPHP on XP and each time I need to run EasyPHP I need to go into Services and shut down IIS. Is there a way I can keep it 'stopped' so it doesn't come up with the rest of the services on startup???

Thanks

go into your control panel, administrative tools/settings, services, and then scroll down to iis, set to disabled.

John, I have Stop, Pause and Restart but no disable.

Peter, I don't want to uninstall because I do use it when I'm not running EPHP.

John, I have Stop, Pause and Restart but no disable.

If you double click IIS in your Services a box will pop up. On the General tab is should say "Startup Type". Change Automatic to Disabled or Manual. Manual is probably the better choice to try first.

Peter

In the services tab, if you right click on IIS and choose properties you can change it from "Automatic Start" to "Manual Start" and it won't run at bootup.

Then again, you could always install PHP as part of IIS and run it that way as well.

I set it to manual but still comes up on boot-up. Oh well, no sweat, it doesn't take up that much time to stop it and bring up EPHP.

Thanks for your time guys.

I set it to manual but still comes up on boot-up. Oh well, no sweat, it doesn't take up that much time to stop it and bring up EPHP.

Chances are that this means that something else is dependent on it. If you right click on the IIS service and select properties (so that it shows you the page where you set it to manual); click on the dependencies tab. This should tell you what other services may be starting it under "The following system components depend on this service."

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

You're right. According to the D'cies tab there are two services dependent on IIS - SMTP and 3W publishing.

It is itself dependent on: Remote Procedure Call and Security Accounts Manager.

Thanks

Archived