• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing to rego forms

propowders

When you make an order and your not an excisting customer you have to sign up as a member which requires you to fill in details like address n so-forth, how do i make some of these fields NOT compulsory?

Chris

Director

ProPowders.com.au

Your Online Health Supplement Store

u can use purchase without account. if you dont keep track of the customer address, etc, then how do you process payments? this is required by the merchant account vendors.

Hi john

Thanks again for answering my million questions i have posted over the past few days.

I should be a bit more clearer:

In the form I was refering to in my original post, I would like to remove the State/Province field from the form and make the Suburb field a required field.

Can you tell me how i can do this?

Is there an option in the Admin ctrl-pnl to add/remove fields from this form as I please?

Thanks

Chris

Chris

Director

ProPowders.com.au

Your Online Health Supplement Store

Hi John,

To answer your question not all of us may need to process payment via merchant account vendors (my little business is only a money order/cheque or bank transfer setup at this time).

I've got Purchase Without Account working on my test OSC installation, but like Chris, I'm new to OSC and I'd also like to be able to make some customer fields NOT compulsory.

Here are some reasons:

1. I don't need eg. State/Province, it's not part of the address in many countries. My current (non-OSC) website's form has a compulsory "Address Line 1" but a voluntary "Address Line 2". Some people's addresses have more lines than others , and some have less (did you know that in certain small French villages there are no street names so your address is simply 2 lines: NAME, ZIP-VILLAGE ! The postman just has to know who lives in which house!).

2. On my current site customer's phone is also a voluntary input, cos some don't want to give it and I don't want to annoy my customers.

Thanks for any help you can give. Being new here I have to say that I'm impressed with the activity in the forum and look forward to being able to answer instead of ask (at some point in the future...) :thumbsup:

premo

Archived