• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

write to ...configure.php.

zakis

hello again,

I am getting the following error message..

"I was able to write to ...configure.php. This may be a security risk, plesae change permissions for this file."

I have found loads of responces to this in the forums, but there all to do with linux servers. Im on windows, can anybody help?

thanks

Is the server a windows machine or are you trying to host this on your personal windows machine?

Typically with any ftp program you can login to the server and just right click the file and change it's read-write properties. If this is a windows home computer you can probably just right click the file and make sure that the attribute is set to read-only.

first thing i would look at is the permissions of the configure.php file.

the easiest software i have found to change the permissions of this file is called Smart FTP, install that and access your webspace and locate the configure.php file, then right click it and you will have an option called "Properties/CHMOD" and you need to chnage the permissions to 777 which is read, write and execute for all.

Try that, if that dosnt work let me know, but that the first thing i would look at.

chris

Chris

Director

ProPowders.com.au

Your Online Health Supplement Store

Archived