• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I incorporate osCommerce in my site.

Spekkio

Here is the site that I'm working on:

LabJack

I am in the process of changing from Miva to osCommerce because I would like the shopping to be included in the site itself instead of in a seperate section.

All I want to add is a shopping cart on the right and a few "add to cart" buttons below each product on the products page.

I have a seperate site to work on the osCommerce stuff, and I do know how to edit catalog/includes/column_left.php and column_right.php, so I can get just the shopping cart box on the right, but I have no idea how to incorporate the LabJack site to osCommerce.

Any help would be appreciated, and yes, I am a newbie (if you can't tell by my post count).

Thanks,

~Nate B.

You are going to want to change OSCommerce to look like the LabJack website. It doesn't look like there would be much to it, to be honest. Break the current html into a header, footer, column_left and column right, and main, and inset it into those sections of OSCommerce.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks for your help. It seems easy enough, but I still have a couple of questions. Do I have to convert the pages to php, or can I leave them in html? Also, where do I put the content of the pages? The template is easy enough because I want that on every page, but where do I put the other stuff?

Thanks,

~Nate B.

I don't think so. I mean, I do need people to be able to buy stuff from the site, so I need osCommerce. It's just that the only things I want displayed are going to be the shopping cart and a few "add to cart" buttons. Who knows, maybe I'll end up displaying more. I think osCommerce is a great, free e-commerce solution, and it will work for what I want it to do, so again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Nate B.

Thanks for your help.  It seems easy enough, but I still have a couple of questions.  Do I have to convert the pages to php, or can I leave them in html?  Also, where do I put the content of the pages?  The template is easy enough because I want that on every page, but where do I put the other stuff?

Thanks,

~Nate B.

You can rename the html files to php and they should render the exact same way, just with a different extension.

Great! I was assuming I could do that; it's good to know I wasn't doing the wrong thing :) . The template is coming along well enough, but I still have no idea where to put the content of the pages.

~Nate B.

Archived