• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on my site

We are putting some finishing touches on our site and would like some opinions on it.  Any suggestions are welcome.

The site is The Herbal Shoppe

Comodo is acting up, i am using netscape and a window pops up that says "Unable to verify theherbalshppe........" during checkout, but when i click on examine certificate it does say that it is under herbal. U might want to check it out.

otherwise avg site.

good luck.

Hey there;

1) I pulled up Comodo and got;

Telephone: Unregistered

Fax: Unregistered

Email Contact: Unregistered

:(

2) You have space in your right column, why are you hidding your Comodo seal in the footer, which is way to big by the way.

3) You kept the standard osC titles such as "What's New Here?". Why not chage the color to green to match your site.

4) Top ? Catalog are the same. In english.php you can remove/edit them.

5) Your Sundown Nutrition gif looks messed up.

6) Your SSL pages are showing warnings.

7) On an 800 pixel monitor you have about 50 pixels of scrolling.

8) People should be able to add more than 1 quantity on the product page.

9) Don't forget the pages in your information box. I would talk to your lawyer about what you should put there and look at what the suppliers put in theirs (such as Natures Bounty web site).

10) "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 24 August, 2004" ... useless information.

11) I would also put a legal disclaimer on your Reviews or get rid of the reviews altogether.

12) I would change the font on your product pages. That is horrible.

13) Your pics on your product info pages look good because the page background matches your pics background. On your product pages you have the Yellow background and it is not as nice.

Thats all,

Peter

Hi shopkpr,

Well, generally the shop looks good and once you tidy a few things up will also seem quite professional. it is pretty much the standard set of comments:

1 One thing stands out immediately - You need a thumbnail image contribution. The image on the maiin page is a m,assive 768x1024 - as big as your whole page and is being resized in the browser down to 200x200. The effect is slow load times and poor picture quality.

2 Remember that even if the screen size is 800 wide, some browsers will only have a visible width of around 770 so you should work to that (correct me if I am wrong, those with small screens).

3. Website certified by unknown authority.

4. The osC default buttons are not too bad with your site but you could probably improve on them from the contributions area.

5. 7864 requests since Saturday 19 July, 2003 - who cares? I think this can be removed from the footer easily.

hth

David

Archived