• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin tool error after installation

:blink:

Hello

straight after installation, on the page where you can choose "catalog" or "admin tool" I received this message :

Warning: fopen(/home/9568/myURL/www.myURL.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/9568/myURL/www.myURL.com/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/9568/myURL/www.myURL.com/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/9568/myURL/www.myURL.com/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

The catalog seems to work fine, but when I then click the admin tools button I get this error :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/9568/myURL/www.myURL.com/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

And thus I can not get into the admin section! Can somebody please help me as my head hurts

Thanks kindly

Kitten_soup :lol:

means that your configure.php located at /catalog/admin/includes does not have the proper database username, password and database name. compare with the catalog/includes/configure.php

yay! it worked! There were no field entries in there at all, no information, weird...

So Thank you Mibble!!! You are a star, thank you, thank you!!!

Archived