• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Totally New to this HELP me Please

mod300

First let me say that I bought a site from someone he says it is fully functional. Its up on the web and appears ready to go. But I would like to be able to change a few things on it like the width of it. So I thought I would just download my site to my computer (which I did) run oscommerce change the width then upload it back to the web site. I used Frongpage in the past and thats about it. Am I even in the ballpark here?

First let me say that I bought a site from someone he says it is fully functional.  Its up on the web and appears ready to go.  But I would like to be able to change a few things on it like the width of it.  So I thought I would just download my site to my computer (which I did) run oscommerce change the width  then upload it back to the web site.  I used Frongpage in the past and thats about it.  Am I even in the ballpark here?

Flexibilty of layout is not one of OsCommerce's strength. In order to change table width you need to edit the .php files in catalog/ and catalog/includes/languages/english/ (and in /catalog/includes/modules and boxes etc in some instances) - it will mean editing multiple files and a fair amount of time debugging.

To do that you need to have some understanding of how the php code is generating each page - you will not be able to do that in a graphical environment like front page AFAIK - (I use Dreamweaver)

Archived