• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Developing OSCommerce with Easy PHP

I want to develop OSCommerce offline (because I can't afford an ASDL connection yet) and two people from this forum helpfully suggested I use Easy PHP.

So I've downloaded the software and installed it, following the guide on www.canwhoopass.com

Then I have unzipped the OSCommerce zip file into a directory within Easy PHP and pointed my browser to:

http://localhost/oscommerce/oscommerce-2.2...all/install.php

and I get the following error message:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

So I've edited the php.ini file and set the register_globals to On (and it was actually commented out so I've removed the comment)

Then saved the php.ini file and restarted the easyPHP servers. But it hasn't fixed the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

where have you located the php.ini file

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

does apache conf know to look there or is it still looking at php directory

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Do a search of your disk for php.ini.  It is the one in the windows directory that you have to edit (as far as I remember).

It depends on the settings in apache as to where it looks with defaults being root and apache directory

Archived