• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search engine

Hello every one

my site is ready and its active now,

but how can i set it up in google(searchable by products) i add my website to google but again it didnt work. is there any contribution that i can use for this matter( meta tags) so if any one go to google and type a product which is in my site then they can see it

(sorry my bad english)

Hello every one

but how can i set it up in google(searchable by products) i add my website to google but again it didnt work. is there any contribution that i can use for this matter( meta tags) so if any one go to google and type a product which is in my site then they can see it

(sorry my bad english)

If you are using an automated, we submit you to a "thousand" websites, thing, thats OK, but it is better if you submit the site yourself into google, lycos etc etc.

Using their home pages and clicking on the advertise link.

Getting spidered for the first time can take months, but sometimes can be a few weeks. It WILL also take months for your site to be spidered fully, as in every product page. Usually your home/index page will get spidered first, then it will keep coming back, and eventually spider the lot. This still does not guarantee a good position in any of them. You need good keyword rich descriptions for what you are selling.

The main thing with search engines is you have to be patient (Very patient!), it can take ages before you see anything on Google or any of the others.

You can help the spiders by inserting the latest spider.txt and robots.txt into your site and adding a meta contribution. Some say the metas don't do much any more, but they definitely help, and let you manage/organise your page title bar better.

Rather than searching for particular words to see where you are, type in your URL to see if you are their at all.

If you want to get visitors whilst all of the above happens, i can only suggest you pay for the sponsored links on the SE's. eg, Google Adwords

I hope this helps

Julian :D

ps: type in google, or search engine, seo or something like that into the forum search, i'm sure you will find loads of discussions regarding this.

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Hello every one

(sorry my bad english)

I've found most OSC shops get listed before they are even open so odds are you are already listed. Getting better listings is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and is not a simple matter. It involves many changes to your site. First, you should install the Header Tags Controller and set it up properly. Search the forums for that as well as SEO and start making the needed changes. It's a long process - there is no way around it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've found most OSC shops get listed before they are even open so odds are you are already listed. Getting better listings is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and is not a simple matter.  It involves many changes to your site.  First, you should install the Header Tags Controller and set it up properly.  Search the forums for that as well as SEO and start making the needed changes.  It's a long process - there is no way around it.

Jack

Thaks for your reply

i will use your header tags contribution but about the other one (SEO) is it in contribution list?

It's not my contribution, I just made a few changes to it. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is the procedure of making changes to your site to get better placement in the search engine rankings. There is not a contribution for this becuse it consists of so many different things. Do a search here on the forums for it and you will have plenty of things to keep you busy for a while. :)

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived