• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it possible to use 1 database for 2 sites?

I am in the process of setting up an osCommerce online store. We eventually want 2 online stores. The first store will be only available online. The second store will be the same as the first store, but the prices will match our physical store. We don't necessarily want our current walk-in customers to know that we sell the same products for less online which is why we want 2 stores. It would be nice if we didn't have to maintain 2 databases if the only difference is going to be the prices and the logo at the top. Is this possible to do? If so how hard would it be to set up?

I am in the process of setting up an osCommerce online store. We eventually want 2 online stores.? The first store will be only available online.? The second store will be the same as the first store, but the prices will match our physical store. We don't necessarily want our current walk-in customers to know that we sell the same products for less online which is why we want 2 stores.? It would be nice if we didn't have to maintain 2 databases if the only difference is going to be the prices and the logo at the top. Is this possible to do? If so how hard would it be to set up?

well running from 1 database wont be two hard as i set that up whilst i was switching server, but im not sure about the different prices, especisally if it was for the same physical product. i suppose you could add a new field to the sql database?

dont know if this helps?!

mike

"because it'll hurt more"- the greatest film of all time?

Archived