• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Switching hosting (help with oscomeerce reinstall)

JiggaMan

Hi there,

Basically I am switching web hosts. This causes a problem for me, how do I take the files from my current host and install them to my new host so the site works exactly the same and looks exactly the same?

Is there a guide or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but you'll have to download the site (don't forget the mysql database), and then reinstall on the new host. You can do this while you're waiting for your domain to propagate on the new server.

Hope this helps - Vger

Hi there,

Basically I am switching web hosts. This causes a problem for me, how do I take the files from my current host and install them to my new host so the site works exactly the same and looks exactly the same?

Is there a guide or anything?

Thanks in advance.

You can follow the steps found Here

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

• 1 month later...
Sorry, but you'll have to download the site (don't forget the mysql database), and then reinstall on the new host.  You can do this while you're waiting for your domain to propagate on the new server.

Hope this helps - Vger

Why is that? upload the files from your current site and restore the database?

When I said 'reinstall on the new server' it was slightly sloppy wording on my part. I meant the files would have to be downloaded from the old site, including database, and uploaded to the new site. I did not mean that the 'install' procedure would have to be run.

Vger

Archived