• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

redirect

Redirect to where? For another page in your installation use:

? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(YOUR_PAGE, '', 'SSL'));

Matti

:thumbsup: Ok here is the scoop. I have an online catalog, i would like it to come up when you typ in www.abccomputers-ny.com however I cant because to admin that web page I have to typ /admin. well here is the problem, to admin the catalog i have to typ / admin so if i leave it in the root dir I cant admin the catalog. So to access my catalog you would have to typ www.abccomputers-ny.com/catalog. So If I write a redirect page and stick it the root dir as an index.php page it would redirect the person to the catalog.

Thank you for your reply. B)

The climb is the same for all of us, some just takes longer to reach the top.

<?php
header("Location: http://www.example.com/catalog/");
?>

The tep_redirect function Matti mentioned does this, but is only available after ''application_top.php" has been included - therefore it will not work on a self written index.php (unless you'd include it there too)

Please do a search on the topic - especially how to get osC in your root dir, search engines do not like forwarding.

HTH

Matthijs

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

:thumbsup: Ok here is the scoop. I have an online catalog, i would like it to come up when you typ in www.abccomputers-ny.com however I cant because to admin that web page I have to typ /admin. well here is the problem, to admin the catalog i have to typ / admin so if i leave it in the root dir I cant admin the catalog. So to access my catalog you would have to typ www.abccomputers-ny.com/catalog. So If I write a redirect page and stick it the root dir as an index.php page it would redirect the person to the catalog. 

Thank you for your reply.  B)

The climb is the same for all of us, some just takes longer to reach the top.

Not a good idea as it will hurt your search engine rankings - there is info in our Knowledge Base on installing. Essentially you may upload the entire contents of the catalog directory (including admin) to your root directory - install by typing http://yoursite.com into your web browser to start the installation script.

Matti

Archived