• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

redirect

what is it you are trying to accomplish?  usually will get better response here when you post exactly what you are trying to do.

:thumbsup: Ok here is the scoop. I have an online catalog, i would like it to come up when you typ in www.abccomputers-ny.com however I cant because to admin that web page I have to typ /admin. well here is the problem, to admin the catalog i have to typ / admin so if i leave it in the root dir I cant admin the catalog. So to access my catalog you would have to typ www.abccomputers-ny.com/catalog. So If I write a redirect page and stick it the root dir as an index.php page it would redirect the person to the catalog. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply. ;)

:thumbsup: Ok here is the scoop. I have an online catalog, i would like it to come up when you typ in www.abccomputers-ny.com however I cant because to admin that web page I have to typ /admin. well here is the problem, to admin the catalog i have to typ / admin so if i leave it in the root dir I cant admin the catalog. So to access my catalog you would have to typ www.abccomputers-ny.com/catalog. So If I write a redirect page and stick it the root dir as an index.php page it would redirect the person to the catalog. :rolleyes:

Do it using .htaccess files. It'll be alot faster than a php based script. This will work as long as your webhost lets you use those files.

GL

Greg

Do it using .htaccess files. It'll be alot faster than a php based script. This will work as long as your webhost lets you use those files.

GL

Greg

Do it using .htaccess files.  It'll be alot faster than a php based script.  This will work as long as your webhost lets you use those files.

GL

Greg

Ok here is my next question and i bet by now your prob saying why did i get involved with this guy. But can you explain to me how to do that. last time I seen a file called .htaccess file i had to redo my catalog.

Thanks Rob

Archived