• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Pictures

niceshirt

My product pictures seem fuzzy and grainy. I take pictures with a film camera and have them developed on a digital CD. I shrink them down to about 1 inch square then save them in a JPG file then upload. Is there a better way?

Thank you.

Hi.

I have kinda similar problem, and i posted it here, and got what i think a good answer. Maybe something for you to see aswell.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115025

But to mee it seems like that you shrink it down a bit too much.

I try around 300 pixels with, (ca: 4 inches) since i notice that when you try to compress all that information into a very small pic it gets easily blury.

And its not that fun to look at product pics that are too small.

It will probably be a new day tomorrow.

Hi.

I have kinda similar problem, and i posted it here, and got what i think a good answer. Maybe something for you to see aswell.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115025

But to mee it seems like that you shrink it down a bit too much.

I try around 300 pixels with, (ca: 4 inches) since i notice that when you try to compress all that information into a very small pic it gets easily blury.

And its not that fun to look at product pics that are too small.

I'm just leaning about OSCommerce, but I know digital photography. Don't think of pics in inches, think in pixels.

There are two programs I'd suggest for you...

adobe photoshop (or adobe photoshop elements for your basic needs)

ACDSEE 6 power pack

They both will do quality image processing, photoshop has alot more power, but most of it you will never use. ACDSEE also doubles as a great image viewer and is VERY intuitive.

Photoshop has a thing called 'save for web' that will optimize your images very well. Photoshop is also bundled with 'imageready' that will handle these tasks even nicer, but I don't use it much.

Good luck.

PS, post one of your sample images and lets see what kind of quality we can pull out of it.

Archived