• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install problem - failed application.php

Alright, this is a fresh install on a new server. I have tried searching everything under the sun and modifying what I thought might fix it.

First, here is the error that happens when I go to http://upupandawaykites.com/CATALOG/INSTALL

Warning: main(includes/application.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/upupand/www/www/CATALOG/INSTALL/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/upupand/www/www/CATALOG/INSTALL/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/upupand/www/www/CATALOG/INSTALL/index.php on line 13

So far I have tried CHMOD application.php -> 777 but that does not change the error. I have also tried changing configure.php in the HTTP_SERVER line to http://upupandawaykites.com. Neither to any avail.

My thought so far is maybe the line:

/home/upupand/www/www/CATALOG/INSTALL/index.php

is wrong. Having two 'www' 's in the path seems a bit strange. I don't know the explicit path as I do not have console access (it is a shared hosting account where they do not allow console access). If I can manually change the line to:

/home/upupand/www/CATALOG/INSTALL/index.php

where do I and how do I?

Also, during initial install, should I have to CHMOD anything? After reading a few tutorials, a few knowledgebases, and the wiki I was under the impression that after I uploaded all the files I just needed to go to http://mydomain.com/CATALOG/INSTALL and follow the directions given by the script. The did mention chaning some configuration files, but they did not mention which ones. Could anyone elaborate with details or tell me that I'm wrong. I don't like to bother the community with already well documented and resolved problems, but I'm at an end here.

THANKS!

i question the double www/www as usually not that way.

chmod on configure.php files to 777 prior to installation, after installation 644

pub to 777

images and everything below to 777

admin/images/graphs and everything below to 777

create admin/backups and set to 777

i question the double www/www as usually not that way.

chmod on configure.php files to 777 prior to installation, after installation 644

pub to 777

images and everything below to 777

admin/images/graphs and everything below to 777

create admin/backups and set to 777

Ok, I changed the CHMOD on everything you said and I still have the same error. I have a feeling it has to do with that www/www line. Well, now I have a feeling what the problem is, but I have no idea where to go to fix it

If anyone has any ideas, please speak your mind!

Thank you

Note: If anyone wants to see any file in my installation, I would be more than happy to post it. If you think it might be helpful, just ask and I'll get that for you.

update!

I just checked with my host and the path

/home/upupand/www/www/CATALOG/INSTALL/index.php

IS correct. There is in fact (2) www's in that path.

So the trouble must be somewhere else.

Just a thought, is there some way I can verify that everything FTP'd up to my site properly. Some sort of mass checksum or something?

Thanks

Greg

I just totally deleted the whole catalog directory, then re-uploaded it all.

I can get in the setup just fine now. Also, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I was using windows or unix files for teh install. So that might have been it.

Case Closed...consider this whole snafu a case of me screwing up.

Thanks for the help!

Archived