• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic PRODUCT INFO

rarrar

This is not my specific store, but this example will best relay my problem.

Imagine there is a store selling DVD's. For each DVD, the product information page would most likely be the same and will contain the following text:

PRODUCER NAME : producer_name

RUNNING TIME: length_of_movie

FORMAT: format_of_movie

CATEGORY: the_movie_category

... : ...

... : ...

Is there a way to have the same product description but with variables that pull the actual information from the product attributes?

Exampe:

PRODUCER NAME : $producer_name<br>

RUNNING TIME: $moving_length<br>

FORMAT: $movie_format<br>

CATEGORY: $movie_category<br>

COLES NOTES: Default product description using variables from product attributes?

Hmm, maybe I'm not being clear. If anybody needs more info, let me know what you need.

I urgently need this info as I would like to have one product description for each category, and the variables would be automatically displayed when the variables are called.

Thank you so much!!!

I've seen that contribution literally dozens upon dozens of times, but never thought much of it. I thought it would only create extra fields... but upon reading this line "This contribution allows people to add fields labeled the way they want, and then display them in the product page of the catalog", the answers to all my problems have arrived!

THANKS again...

Okay, upon closer inspection, I think this is not the right contribution for me.

I would like something this simple. I'm using easy populate, and I just need some variables to be picked up in the description field like this:

For hard drives:

PRODUCT MODEL : $product_model<br>CAPACITY : $hd_capacity<br>SPEED: $hd_speed<br>CACHE : $hd_cache

^^^ This way, all the hard drives will have the same description, and will just pull the specified product attributes using specified variables.

For printers:

PRODUCT MODEL: $product_model<br>DPI : $printer_dpi<br>SPEED (PPM) : $printer_speed<br>TYPE : $printer_type

^^^ This way, all the printers will have the same description, and will just pull the specified product attributes using specified variables.

This way, I just have to fill the product attributes, and using variables, the product description will be complete.

Simply put, I just want the ability to call the product attributes using variables in the product description.

Archived