• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Review of my latest site

karlwillett

Hi all

Please could you send me your feedback on my new site www.TheUKGiftShop.com I have any just launched it and im finding it hard to get many orders and hits. Im on a very low budget and I was wondering if anyone could suggest any programs, sites or companys that could aid me.

Karl

Hi all

Please could you send me your feedback on my new site www.TheUKGiftShop.com I have any just launched it and im finding it hard to get many orders and hits. Im on a very low budget and I was wondering if anyone could suggest any programs, sites or companys that could aid me.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Karl

Site looks ok, very closes to the stoke install but the box colours look good and are consistant.

although - you might want to check the spelling in your page title bar:

BELEIVE sould be BELIEVE

If you have only just launched it, hits and sales take time. Just make sure you have optimized your site to the full. ie header tags, meta tags, keyword rich descriptions etc etc. Type SEO, Google, SE, in the forum search and read everbody elses problems and tips, very useful to read what everybody else has or is going through.

Be patient.

Pretty stock site, but looks ok.

Get rid of the stock osCom gifs, they look naff

Change the Top to HOME, and catalog to Catalogue for the UK.

The light blue IE scroll up/down bar is hard to see on my screen.

Apart from that it looks ok, plain and simple.

Julian :D

ps: how did you get it to load so fast?

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

The width keeps changing from page to page. This is quite disconcerting. Sometimes it gets so wide that the right hand column disappears.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

Archived