• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

International sales

Janovetz

Hello-

I've recently learned that my payment processor does not support international sales. (I'm in the U.S.) I'm using Authorize.net currently. Can anyone with international sales experience suggest any good payment processors? What do you do to protect yourself from international fraud?

A good deal of my sales will be international, so this is quite an urgent question for me.

Jake

My authorize.net accepts international orders just fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Unfortunaly, we're not permitted to mention merchant account businesses by name here. I've been reprimended several times for doing so.

However, most of the 'official' auth.net resellers offer international processing. The merchant account I use is one of the ones listed here...

http://www.authorizenet.com/reseller/directory.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Unfortunaly, we're not permitted to mention merchant account businesses by name here. I've been reprimended several times for doing so.

Oops. Sorry.

However, most of the 'official' auth.net resellers offer international processing. The merchant account I use is one of the ones listed here...

http://www.authorizenet.com/reseller/directory.php

Yeah... Me too. :(

What do you do to protect yourself from international fraud?

Jake

I guess you could say the merchant account provider that we use 'supports' international processing--but since the AVS system can't handle addresses outside the US, there really isn't much protection from international fraud. We rely on the MaxMind contribution--not foolproof, but it helps.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Archived