• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying the Skin

htan

Hi,

I'm new to oscommerce and I've just successfully installed it in my pc.

I am interested to modify the skin to suit my products sold.

Can someone help me on how to get started?

thanks.

Htan

There are two template systems you can use (STS and BTS) that can both be downloaded from the contributions. If you want to try changing it with the code that is good way also. Was there a specific part you wanted to change? Your question is a bit too vague for a better answer.

Read the Knowledge Base also, lots of good tips there, also Search is a great function.

HTH

Peter

thanks for your reply.

I'm actually very happy with the basic oscommerce design.

But as the design might not feet all products, I like to modify:

-color

-moving, removing, resizing the boxes

I don't know which .php files or tools I need to use and so far I still don't know where to get proper documentation to start 'understanding' oscommerce layout.

My priority is to firstly understanding the layout management before I get into the programming part.

I will read the knowledge base and do some searching as you recommended.

But if you know how to shorten my understanding, your help is really appreciated.

thanks.

Htan

There are two template systems you can use (STS and BTS) that can both be downloaded from the contributions.  If you want to try changing it with the code that is good way also.  Was there a specific part you wanted to change?  Your question is a bit too vague for a better answer. 

Read the Knowledge Base also, lots of good tips there, also Search is a great function.

HTH

Peter

Archived