• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

exploit in oscommerce? bugfix needed?

larva

Hi,

i just started to take care of some internet shops of a customer of mine (OSCommerce) - and he told me that he had heard of an sql exploit in OSCommerce or something like this and I should fix this as soon as possible ... :huh:

I googled a lot about these exploits/bugs and i always found something like "there would be a bugfix on www.oscommerce.com soon" or "this bug doesn't exists anymore for Milestone 2"

Well, I don't know which Version/ Milestone of OSCommerce he uses for his shops, but if there are these exploits possible in his Version then i have to do something soon - but i don't know where to get these bugfixes, i haven't found any on the oscommerce website :(

Can you give me some advise?

I would be very thankful :rolleyes:

Greetings from Hamburg

Kristin

take a look at the application_top.php and see what version of oscommerce is in there. if he is working with the latest, there is most likely not any problem.

Yeah, i finally found the line with the version number :)

He uses the osCommerce 2.2-MS1

So, i only have to update to Milestone 2 ? Or are there still known Bugs in Milestone 2 that i have to take care of? Because my customer doesn't want any possible attacks on his system :blink:

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

Kristin

Archived