• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

External Login

SleepingEye

Hi, I've been trying to integrate an external user login, but I've been having troubles doing so.

The site consists of two major sections: the osCommerce section (In /catalog folder) and our site (users sign on in the /signon folder). Our site uses the osCommerce database for it's user login. Most of the user creation, user information update code, and login are from the osCommerce.

Each system works fine on its own, but if one user logs into one system, it will not log them into the second system. Is there any way to configure / design my code / osCommerce's code to allow each section to be logged in to the other system? I thought I got all the session related variables, but ... ?

osCommerce seems to reset the session variables once I click on the link ("servername.com/catalog/") that takes me to the shopping cart / osCommerce's index page.

Is there anything I can do / I missed (formatting the link properly?)? Do I have to do anything special?

My login system sets these $_SESSION variables (the code that does this consist of a lot of login.php's code:)

[cart] => shoppingcart Object

(

[contents] => Array ( )

[total] => 0

[weight] => 0

[content_type] =>

)

[language] => english

[languages_id] => 1

[currency] => USD

[navigation] => navigationhistory Object

(

[path] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

• 6 months later...

Hi,  I've been trying to integrate an external user login, but I've been having troubles doing so.

The site consists of two major sections: the osCommerce section (In /catalog folder) and our site (users sign on in the /signon folder).  Our site uses the osCommerce database for it's user login.  Most of the user creation, user information update code, and login are from the osCommerce.

Each system works fine on its own, but if one user logs into one system, it will not log them into the second system.  Is there any way to configure / design my code / osCommerce's code to allow each section to be logged in to the other system?  I thought I got all the session related variables, but ... ?

osCommerce seems to reset the session variables once I click on the link ("servername.com/catalog/") that takes me to the shopping cart / osCommerce's index page.

Is there anything I can do / I missed (formatting the link properly?)?  Do I have to do anything special?

My login system sets these $_SESSION variables (the code that does this consist of a lot of login.php's code:)

[cart] => shoppingcart Object

(

[contents] => Array ( )

[total] => 0

[weight] => 0

[content_type] =>

)

[language] => english

[languages_id] => 1

[currency] => USD

[navigation] => navigationhistory Object

(

[path] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[mode] => NONSSL

[get] => Array ( )

=> Array

(

[beenhere] => TRUE

[CUSTOMERS_EMAIL_ADDRESS] => [email protected]

[CUSTOMERS_PASSWORD] => 11111

)

)

)

[snapshot] => Array ( )

)

[teststart] => 1096990742

[customer_id] => 1

[customer_default_address_id] => 1

[customer_first_name] => 3344

[customer_country_id] => 223

[customer_zone_id] => 12