• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with setting up payment through Streamline

Hi

Have been looking through the forums for help on this but must be looking in wrong places cos I'm still confused!! :'(

I'm setting up a new e-commerce store and we have bought an internet merchant account from the same people who supply our normal CC facilities - Abbey National. They use a service called streamline, and I have been told that they use (or are they same company as ????) Worldpay.

This has left me totally confused as to which payment module to use - should i install the WorldPay module? Will the merchant acc number i have been given from streamline work with world pay??? argh!

It would be a GREAT help if anyone has knowledge of abbey national streamline could point me in the right direction....

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Streamline is the merchant processor of natwest bank. They also own Worldpay who are an Internet payment processor. Since only the large banks have their own merchant facilities, the smaller ones use the larger ones.

A natwest streamline e-commerce account can be used with most payment providers (including Worldpay). Normally when you apply for the streamline account, you specify which payment processor you are going to use. The rates they give you will be dependant on who you use. I would suggest you need to ask Abbey national if they have set up the streamline account to operate with a specific payment provider or if you are free to choose. They may have used Natwest Direct which is an all inclusive merchant acount and payment processor. In this case the fees may already be included. If not you wil need to apply for and presumeably pay for the Worldpay or other payment solution to work with your merchant account number.

If you don't get anywhere with Abbey you could ring the streamline card center on 0845 7616263 and give them your merchant number. They should be able to tell you what you have.

Regards

Dave Peters

DP Software

Hi

Have been looking through the forums for help on this but must be looking in wrong places cos I'm still confused!! :'(

I'm setting up a new e-commerce store and we have bought an internet merchant account from the same people who supply our normal CC facilities - Abbey National. They use a service called streamline, and I have been told that they use (or are they same company as ????) Worldpay.

Dave Peters

thanks for that info - very helpful! It is confusing to try and work out who owns who! We called the streamline helpline, and it turned out that no more information had been sent to us because they had lost our application!

We got in touch with worldpay and set up an account and now we're in the process of integrating it with our site. The only difference streamline seemed to make to the process was the price - pretty comparable (once worldpay had added their costs to streamlines - watch out for this folks!!!) but the setup fee (or was it the 1st year fee?? <_< ) was half price.

Sooooo... all seems well so far- i'm sure there will be many more bumps to come!

Thanks again

:D

The only difference streamline seemed to make to the process was the price - pretty comparable (once worldpay had added their costs to streamlines - watch out for this folks!!!) but the setup fee (or was it the 1st year fee??  <_< ) was half price.

Streamline fee should be just one off setup and it's reduced because you are using another payment service instead of Natwest direct. You pay transactions of course. I don't know the current Worldpay deals.

Dave Peters