• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll)

dennis2130

I'm relatively new at using the Linkpoint API.

I have a test account set up, I have a PEM file, and I have installed the openssl libraries. Still when I go to use one of their sample forms I get this error with this stack trace:

Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll).]

LinkPointTransaction.LPSSL_Wrapper.lp_send(String inXml, String clientCertPath, String host, Int32 port, String outXml, Int32 outLen) +0

LinkPointTransaction.LinkPointTxn.send(String sXml) +67

LinkPointTransaction.LinkPointTxn.send(String sClientCertPath, String sHost, Int32 iPort, String sXml) +38

LinkPointAPI_vb.SALE_MAXINFO.ProcessOrder() +2212

LinkPointAPI_vb.SALE_MAXINFO.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +38

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem too... I could fiddle with it, and get it to work on my local machine. However, I has this same problem on our production server.

Andy thoughts would be appricated.

I'm relatively new at using the Linkpoint API. 

I have a test account set up, I have a PEM file, and I have installed the openssl libraries.  Still when I go to use one of their sample forms I get this error with this stack trace:

Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (lpssl.dll).]

LinkPointTransaction.LPSSL_Wrapper.lp_send(String inXml, String clientCertPath, String host, Int32 port, String outXml, Int32 outLen) +0

LinkPointTransaction.LinkPointTxn.send(String sXml) +67

LinkPointTransaction.LinkPointTxn.send(String sClientCertPath, String sHost, Int32 iPort, String sXml) +38

LinkPointAPI_vb.SALE_MAXINFO.ProcessOrder() +2212

LinkPointAPI_vb.SALE_MAXINFO.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +38

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Dennis

• 7 years later...

I was able to fix this by adding lpssl.dll to the path. To do this you have one of two options:

1. Copy lpssl.dll to a folder that is already in the path. You can see what folders are in the path by typing 'echo %PATH%' at a command prompt.

OR

2. Add the folder that lpssl.dll is in to the path. To do this, right-click on My Computer, then Properties, then Advanced System Settings, then on the Advanced tab click 'Environment Variables', then in the lower box with 'System Variables' find the 'Path' variable and double-click it. If your lpssl.dll is at c:\myprojects\coolwebsite\bin\lpssl.dll, then you want to append this to the end of the current path string (starting with adding a semicolon to separate it from the previous paths: ;c:\myprojects\coolwebsite\bin

I've written more about my troubles with the LinkPoint pieces on my blog at http://adventuresindotnet.blogspot.com/2012/02/linkpointtransactiondll.html

Archived