• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation

dsritchie

I am new to oscommerce and have just uploaded to my web server. However I am unsure what to do next as i have been reading the knowledge base and the forum and the more i read the more i get confused. Can anyone help? Thanks

I am new to oscommerce and have just uploaded to my web server. However I am unsure what to do next as i have been reading the knowledge base and the forum and the more i read the more i get confused. Can anyone help? Thanks

Go to www.yourdomain.com/catalog/install and follow the instructions on the screen

Giovanna

Go to www.yourdomain.com/catalog/install and follow the instructions on the screen

Giovanna

Thanks for that, i have done that but im getting this up in my browser.

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2002/01/02 13:02:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application.php');

$page_file = 'index.php';

$page_title = 'Welcome';

$page_contents = 'index.php';

require('templates/main_page.php');

?>

Thanks for that, i have done that but im getting this up in my browser.

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php,v 1.1 2002/01/02 13:02:38 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application.php');

$page_file = 'index.php';

$page_title = 'Welcome';

$page_contents = 'index.php';

require('templates/main_page.php');

?>

Is PHP installed on the server?

php may not be installed, put this into your root, name it:

phpinfo.php

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

if you get just that code, then php not installed, if you get a page of stuff, then it is installed.

php may not be installed, put this into your root, name it:

phpinfo.php

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

if you get just that code, then php not installed, if you get a page of stuff, then it is installed.

Thanks for the info, i installed easyphp and everything has installed fine. One quick point, now that the info is sitting on apache, how can i get the store to come up when i type my domain name in??? Thanks again

When you say 'Web Server' is this on your local computer? If so, just type in http://localhost/ followed by the name you gave the installation.

If it's installed to an online webserver then type in your domain name, followed by a folder name if you installed it into a folder above your html documents folder e.g. www.yourdomain.com/catalog/index.php

Vger

When you say 'Web Server' is this on your local computer?  If so, just type in http://localhost/ followed by the name you gave the installation.

If it's installed to an online webserver then type in your domain name, followed by a folder name if you installed it into a folder above your html documents folder e.g. www.yourdomain.com/catalog/index.php

Vger

Its on the the local computer, and I know how to bring that up. What Im wanting to know is how I can use current domain name (www.mydomain.co.uk) now that oscommerce is sitting on the apache server? Currently my existing site, which exists on another hosting site, but i couldnt load oscommerce to that site because they dont support it. All i want to do is to use my existing domain name, but how do i do that if its sitting on the apache server? Or am i barking up the wrong tree with this?

Archived