• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hit brick wall in installation

DBexon

I'm having a serious problem in the installation. I get a 500 Internal server error after step 3 in the installation. This is after the test connection to the database comes back as working.

I'm considering a manual install, but don't know if the problem is serious enough to stop the software from working properly if I do?

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any suggestions on something I should try?

could you post the steps you have done, what you have keyed in, replacing username and password with xxxx? did you change the document_root in any way?

No, didn't change the document root...

Here's the steps I've completed.

Import Catalog Database: check

Automatic Config: check

Database server: localhost

Username: xxxx

Password: xxxx

Database Name: name

Persistent Connectoins :No

Session Storage: Database

Then it says

A test connection made to the database was successful.

Please continue the installation process to execute the database import procedure.

It is important this procedure is not interrupted, otherwise the database may end up corrupt.

The file to import must be located and named at:

/www/.../catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

I hit continue, and I get the Page Cannot be Displayed.

It seems to be looking for the file oscommerce.sql in the wrong place. Copy and paste the file to the path that it is looking for the file (/www/.../catalog/install/oscommerce.sql) and try again.

Peter

Thanks for the reply,

That was the first thing I thought of, and it turned out the the oscommerce.sql file was in the place it was looking for.

Also, looking at the database I selected, it does seem to have added a number of tables. So I know that it's at least trying.

Archived