• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

register_globals

Hi

Can someone give me an idea here re register_globals. I have set the globals to ON, but when I bring up the /catalog/index.php page, it still says a fatal error, register_globals are OFF.

Can't figure out why this is the case. Help appreciated...

register_globals is a part of the php.ini file, where it is either set on or off. if yours is set off, as the app says, there is a whole bunch of info in tips and tricks or in the contributions how to work around that

If you are setting it up locally on your home computer do a search for the php.ini file. There are multiple copies of it and I think the one that needs to be edited is in the windows directory.

Thanks guys

I've done a phpinfo and it tells me the ini file is in c:\windows, and that is where I've changed it to On, but the phpinfo still sees it as OFF. I've played with the ini file quite a bit in the past with no problems like this..Anyway, I keep trying...

PJ

Er...I figured the problem. I didn't re-start Apache server for the changes to take place...(I hope there's no tool award on this forum...as I'd be in the running for it!!

cheers, PJ

Archived