• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to keep my IP from showing in WHO'S ONLINE???

ciraklizer

why would it be driving u nuts? just ignore it. you will learn the whos online is only a tool and that your server log files will actually give u more info, i never use the whos online . ..

please read the forum rules regarding double posting . . it is illegal and makes others not want to deal with people who dont follow rules

Edited by Mibble

sorry about the double post, was too quick to post it in one category, then realized it belonged in the other. won't happen again.

re: who's online, I use one of the contributions that has a refresh timer. It's valuable info to watch what's happening in real time in terms of customer behavior. Usually I'm also working on the site, and I look at Who's Online to gauage when it's safe to upload a new file (when no one's on). However, cause I'm working on the site (usually with several windows open) my own IP will show up numerous times. It's just really annoying and was hoping someone had figured out how to exclude your own IP from showing up (or any other for that matter).

Thanks.