• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Final check out figures not right ????

WiseWombat

Hi I have installed flat rate shipping per item, below is an example:

I have purchased 3 items these are there values and they have a GST TAX OF 10.0% included in there price:

1 x Baby girl $4.58

1 x Jarrad the Dog soft toy. $5.95

1 x Blue Glass sand timer A $4.31

________

Total $14.84

________

Plus Flat Shipping Rate $12.32

GRAND TOTAL $27.16

======

Can someone explane to me why I get this type of figure at check our it doesnt make sence.

GST TAX 10.0%: $1.35

Sub-Total: $14.84

Total: $26.04

$27.16 IS NOT $26.04 would anyone know where I might beable to rectify this problem :(

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

It took me awhile to understand your post but I think your problem is that your don't have your shipping set as a taxable item and it is not adding the GST to the total.

$26.04 - $14.84 = $11.20

$27.16 - $14.84 = $12.32

and;

$11.20 + 10% = 12.32

It took me awhile to understand your post but I think your problem is that your don't have your shipping set as a taxable item and it is not adding the GST to the total.

$26.04 - $14.84 = $11.20

$27.16 - $14.84 = $12.32

and;

$11.20 + 10% = 12.32

Thanks for the reply Peter, What I found was that I had my shipping set as taxable so on final check out 10% GST was also added on top of the shipping cost,I have now reset shipping not to include taxable gst tax and It seem to work fine now. :D thanks again

( WARNING )

Dude man how did you calculate the subtotal with the shipping to create a grand total. I'm sorry I can't provide you with any help with your question but I must know how you created a grand total like that. I'm fairly new to OSC and this might be very trivial for you but I'de apreciate if you could at least point me in the right direction. I posted a similar question in the same catagory a few days before yours if you need more details. We're pretty much in the same problem area "yay Canada!" If I encounter your problem I'll be sure give you a solution if I find one.

Thanks Bro! :thumbsup:

Dude man how did you calculate the subtotal with the shipping to create a grand total. I'm sorry I can't provide you with any help with your question but I must know how you created a grand total like that. I'm fairly new to OSC and this might be very trivial for you but I'de apreciate if you could at least point me in the right direction. I posted a similar question in the same catagory a few days before yours if you need more details. We're pretty much in the same problem area "yay Canada!" If I encounter your problem I'll be sure give you a solution if I find one.

Thanks Bro! :thumbsup:

I have install individual shipv3-1 module with this module when you ad an item into your store you have the option of inserting a postage price for that item and every other,you can also have your set tax rate set to on or offso it can also add tax to postage, so every item in your store if you like will already have a preset postage price which gets calculated at check out.

Hope that helps.

( WARNING )