• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Money Bookers

toymanpaul

Hi All, Can any one please help/ advise on how i can install moneybookers as my payment option. Is any one out there already done this do i need to get any new files/ updates??

Hi paul,

In the contribution section there is a module that you can install.

I have already done that and it works. I think I had one small problem but I quickly resolved it. That just had to do with the settings in admin as far as I remember.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,moneybookers

Regards

Richard

Hi paul,

In the contribution section there is a module that you can install.

I have already done that and it works. I think I had one small problem but I quickly resolved it. That just had to do with the settings in admin as far as I remember.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,moneybookers

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard. Got the file down is it easy to install? New to this!!!

Edited by toymanpaul

As told in the private message. It is not difficult to install. Just follow the install file. And remember to backup before you install!

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard found the files and instructions:

Hi to all.

Opened read me file and it make no sence to me it reads "To install the DB table and the content use paste and copy into phpMAdmin,

or use the upload feature to load the table and the content in your database."

where is phpMAdmin or how do i upload Were is the upload?

I wish people would put full details in Not all are wizz kids if there put go to cpanel click on xxxx then go to xxxxx etc it help!

Thanks

Paul

Edited by toymanpaul

Thanks Richard found the files and instructions:

Hi to all.

Opened read me file and it make no sence to me it reads "To install the DB table and the content use paste and copy into phpMAdmin,

or use the upload feature to load the table and the content in your database."?

where is phpMAdmin or how do i upload Were is the upload??

I wish people would put full details in Not all are wizz kids if there put go to cpanel click on xxxx then go to xxxxx etc it help!

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for all the message on how easy it is to install but i can not seam to find how to do it so i asked my hosting company / IPS tec support who looked at the files and responded "This is very tricky to install and would take some time in doing with no Guarantee that it would work, and it would cost me around $150 for them to do"

SO IF IT IS SO EASY CAN SOME ONE OUT THERE PLEASE SEND ME STEP BY STEP INSRTUCTIONS

THANKS

PAUL

Edited by toymanpaul

PhpMyAdmin is a program/script that you use to change in the database. As far as I have seen from most people that have hosting companies get this installed with their hosting.

The install file is really not that difficult. It is a matter of uploading files.

See section B (that is after you have uploaded the sql file via phpMyAdmin)

In section C you need to edit the files. You have downloaded the archive of moneybookers and you have got your oscommerce files. It says exactly what you need to do. You use an editor and add or replace the text that is says.

<snip>

C. MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING FILES:

ADD the following line in admin/inculudes/languages/german/countries.php

ADD the following line in admin/inculudes/languages/english/countries.php

ADD the following line in admin/inculudes/languages/espanol/countries.php

define('TEXT_INFO_MONEYBOOKERS', 'Country Code for moneybookers.com:');

</snip>

REPLACE text that is in the ORIGINAL files of oscommerce with some other text that is written in the readme.txt

And if your hosting company wants to change you $ 150 for this because it is tricky???? than they are a bunch of rippoffs!

Moneybookers is the easiest thing to install. Far easier than installing oscommerce itself. Now go and read again it is not that difficult. If you have access to the MySQL database in your cpanel at your hosting company it is no problem installing.

All in all you need an ftp client, a text editor (no Mickeysucks Word!!) and a bit of patience.

I am not an expert at this and I installed it within 5 min. So relax and try again.

Richard

B)

PhpMyAdmin is a program/script that you use to change in the database. As far as I have seen from most people that have hosting companies get this installed with their hosting.

The install file is really not that difficult. It is a matter of uploading files.

See section B (that is after you have uploaded the sql file via phpMyAdmin)

In section C you need to edit the files. You have downloaded the archive of moneybookers and you have got your oscommerce files. It says exactly what you need to do. You use an editor and add or replace the text that is says.

<snip>

C. MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING FILES:

ADD the following line in admin/inculudes/languages/german/countries.php

ADD the following line in admin/inculudes/languages/english/countries.php

ADD the following line in admin/inculudes/languages/espanol/countries.php

define('TEXT_INFO_MONEYBOOKERS', 'Country Code for moneybookers.com:');

</snip>

REPLACE text that is in the ORIGINAL files of oscommerce with some other text that is written in the readme.txt

And if your hosting company wants to change you $ 150 for this because it is tricky???? than they are a bunch of rippoffs!

Moneybookers is the easiest thing to install. Far easier than installing oscommerce itself. Now go and read again it is not that difficult. If you have access to the MySQL database in your cpanel at your hosting company it is no problem installing.

All in all you need an ftp client, a text editor (no Mickeysucks Word!!) and a bit of patience.

I am not an expert at this and I installed it within 5 min. So relax and try again.

Richard

B)

Thanks for your time and reply

Re :(The install file is really not that difficult. It is a matter of uploading files.

See section B (that is after you have uploaded the sql file via phpMyAdmin))

But where and how do i upload these files i have never done this before and i dont know how to do it.

I can edit items via admin and can do some of the pages via cpanel ie: / public_html / catalog / includes / languages / english / xxxxxxxx.php

I have read over and over cpanel insturctions and oscommerce forums and help etc, but no help.

All this is new to me and my first time with it and things to do with computers etc

Everybody seams to think all are up to speed with computers and things but we all have to learn some how.

Some may say that you should not do this untill you know what you are doing yes but how do you learn if not from others to guide you!!!!

Thanks

For your time

Paul

I helps to have some experience and basic knowledge of PHP programming and MYSQL database functions. If you don't have any experience in these areas, it would be easier for you to work with something that is out of the box where you don't have to do any programming.

You may want to take a look at Yahoo shopping carts, as well as looking around at different internet malls that are available.

These will probably provide better solutions for you in your present situation.

Best of luck!

Knowledge Base | Contributions | Tips & Tricks Forum

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.

-- Jim Morrison

• 3 months later...