This contribution will add a search box that will allow you to search

articles using Article Manager v 1.2. Article Results will give the

Article Title with a link to the article and a 300 character

truncation of the article. Sorry, I did not write an advanced search

to go with this.

Contribution Located at: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2393

Edited by aldaffodil

HI all

I have installed the "Articles Search" and I found two points which needs to be addressed.

1 - it doesn't take care of the "STATUS" of the article.

2- it doesn't take care of the multi languages.

To start with I have tried to make it multy language but I don't know why it doesn't work

$search_query = tep_db_query("select articles_name, articles_id, language_id, articles_description from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " where articles_name like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_description like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_head_desc_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_head_keywords_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_head_title_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by articles_name ASC");

} else {

$search_query = tep_db_query("select articles_name, articles_id, language_id, articles_description from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " where articles_name like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_head_desc_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_head_keywords_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or articles_head_title_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by articles_name ASC");

Maybe someone with much more experience the me can address these two issues.

Thanks

Salvo

Ok, I have uploaded a new package that includes support for articles status and have somewhat improved the layout of search results.

I do not think I am going to touch on the languages_id. My reasoning being that the search will most likely return english results if you enter an english keyword and will return spanish results if you enter a spanish keyword, etc.

If a lot of people feel this is something that needs to be addressed, then I'll start working on it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Upon further reflection, I have decided to give the language_id a try.

Salvo (or anyone else willing to give it a try), please try these sql statements:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['description'])) {
   $search_query = tep_db_query("select ad.articles_name, a.articles_id, ad.articles_description from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad inner join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and (ad.articles_name like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_description like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_desc_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_keywords_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_title_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%') order by ad.articles_name ASC");
 }  else {
   $search_query = tep_db_query("select ad.articles_name, a.articles_id, ad.articles_description from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad inner join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status='1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and (ad.articles_name like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_desc_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_keywords_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%' or ad.articles_head_title_tag like '%" . $keywords . "%') order by ad.articles_name ASC");
 }

I cannot fully test it because I do not use two languages on any of my sites. If it works for you, please let me know and I'll add it to the package.

• 2 years later...