• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiRegion MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

I have read the readme, and no explanations other than Table 2 & 3 are flat rate shipping option.

no, it says it is an example of how to get flat rate out of the table. you don't have to have it be flat rate... it was just an example.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

I'm trying to add a 3rd option for region 2 as follows:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TEXT_TITLE', 'United Parcel Service (UPS)');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_ICON', 'shipping_ups.gif');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Second Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Next Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Ground');

But then I get the error

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY in /home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php on line 101

I looked into catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php and that line is the same as the prior for region 1. What am I doing wrong?

Patty

I'm trying to add a 3rd option for region 2 as follows:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TEXT_TITLE', 'United Parcel Service (UPS)');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_ICON', 'shipping_ups.gif');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY', 'Second Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_2_TEXT_WAY', 'Next Day');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY', 'Ground');

But then I get the error

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MRMT_REGION_2_TABLE_3_TEXT_WAY in /home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php on line 101

I looked into catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php and that line is the same as the prior for region 1. What am I doing wrong?

it is working fine for me. those defines should go in the module's language file.

- Edmund Burke

it is working fine for me.  those defines should go in the module's language file.

And they were. So there's nothing to be changed in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php? Just in the language file?

Also, in order to add more regions, I just need to change the number of regions for 3 to whatever I want and then add the defines in the language files?

Tks for your help. :)

Edited by Patty

Patty

Hi Dreamscape

Someone from the forum is trying to help me modify your script so that we can have a MRMT set up that spans more than one country....

For my situation I have Canada broken into about 5 zones

and the USA into 3 zones

Right now we are trying to make a second mrmt module and name it mrmt2 or something similar.

Do you think the best way to approach this is to set up to seperate mods one for the usa and one for Canada

or do you think the code for your mode can be expanded so that you can also have multiple Countries and each country broken down into zones?

Thanks for your time

Eric B

AJ2000

or do you think the code for your mode can be expanded so that you can also have multiple Countries and each country broken down into zones?

I have just expanded it to dynamically allow multiple countries like it does for regions and tables.

Give me a minute to finish packaging it up and upload it. :)

- Edmund Burke

it is working fine for me.? those defines should go in the module's language file.

And they were. So there's nothing to be changed in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php? Just in the language file?

Also, in order to add more regions, I just need to change the number of regions for 3 to whatever I want and then add the defines in the language files?

Tks for your help. :)

No there is nothing to change in the `catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mrmt.php` file. The only reason you should ever have to edit that file is to change the number of regions or tables (or now countries), which are defined at the top.

I just tested with a 3rd table in region 2 and with the defines in the language file, it worked fine and I got no errors.

You may want to try the version I just put out.

- Edmund Burke

For my situation I have Canada broken into about 5 zones

and the USA into 3 zones

Hi, in case you are wondering in the new version just change countries to 2 and regions to 5 (the last 2 for the USA just leave blank and they will be ignored).

- Edmund Burke

I can't wait to try this out.... Thanks!

The only problem I am having now is that when I download the zip file and try to unzip it I get the following error for all of the files in it

unable to create a sensible filename

Any ideas what is going on?

Eric B

AJ2000

The only problem I am having now is that when I download the zip file and try to unzip it I get the following error for all of the files in it

unable to create a sensible filename

what are you using to unzip it?

- Edmund Burke

Nevermind again.. I had the file deep down in my file structure/ path and for some reason it was causing problems with Windows XP... when I saved the zip file up in a higherlevel directory I was able to unzip it....

No the only other question I have has is can this be made into a dream module by somehow coding it so that the final country / zone is left blank and any country that is not listed in previous zones/countries will automatically default to this.

Sort of like it is done in this module

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,2297/page,4

Here is the info on that mod

Patchs for shipping worldwild/international

Now you can leave one zone blank which means that this zone contains all the countries in the world except those have been listed in other zones. For example, there are two zones currently defined, zone 1 and zone 2. In zone 1, the countries are US and CA. Then if zone 2 is blank, all the countries in the world except US and CA will be in zone 2. It solves the problem of filling in as many as the countries you want to ship to by simply leaving it blank to reach the goal.

To use it, just replace the original file zones.php with the file you download here. To avoid any problems caused by version conflictions, some comparisons are strongly suggested before you use the version downloadable here.

Use it as your own risk but you will like it since it really saves you much time to collect those damn iso code.

I look forward to your reply

Eric B

AJ2000

No the only other question I have has is can this be made into a dream module by somehow coding it so that the final country / zone is left blank and any country that is not listed in previous zones/countries will automatically default to this.

I didn't really read or look at that other contribution, but sure.

It is now in version 1.101 (uploaded and ready for download).

works like this: If you set the LAST country to "All Remaining Countries" (1st choice in list), it will use the region 1 tables for shipping to any remaining countries. You must leave the region 1 regions for that last country blank for this to work as well.

- Edmund Burke

osCommerce by default adds 3 pounds weight to each order. You have to turn this off in configuration if you do not want to use it.

That was exactly the problem, works fine now. Thanks for this great contribution :).

• 4 weeks later...

Nice contribution...and then i try to install...and use 36 country, 63 state and 2 table...error time out come out, may be to much country and state i insert. When I use 5 country the can but very slowly to open in admin.

Can some body help me, what can I do..i need much country for my shipping.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice contribution...and then i try to install...and use 36 country, 63 state and 2 table...error time out come out, may be to much country and state i insert. When I use 5 country the can but very slowly to open in admin.

Can some body help me, what can I do..i need much country for my shipping.

Thank you.

Just wondering if you found a solution to this??

Also I have added a percent option to the contribution. I've added it to the contributions page

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2374

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

The release of my MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping contribution officially renders my MultiRegion MultiTable module obsolete. No more update or support will be provided for the MultiRegion MultiTable module, as the MultiGeoZone MultiTable module represents the next generation of this shipping module line. Anyone currently using the MultiRegion and experiencing problems or wishing to have the new features will need to upgrade to the MultiGeoZone module, which available at the following URL:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2571

MultiGeoZone MultiTable Announcement Thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119084

MultiGeoZone MultiTable Support Thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119085

- Edmund Burke

Thank you.

Hello, this should no longer be a problem with my new MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping module. :)

- Edmund Burke