• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Assistant

Jack_mcs

Google will rank a site depending on its domain name and IP (where it is hosted). If you want to rank better in your country, then the domain should be changed to denote the country.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uloaded.

Fixed problem with database update when the search phase contained an apostrophe.

Fixed problem with Header Check not returning the correct status on url's with sub-directories.

The only files that were changes were those in the includes/modules directory so you can just replace those files to update from V 1.4 or V 1.5.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed SEO Assistant version 1.60 and works fine except Page Rank.

I got an error that a describe below.

That´s is the error:

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=61459219499&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.hipertech.com.br) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/hipertec/public_html/loja/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/hipertec/public_html/loja/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

Please, is there anyone who knows how can I solve this problem?

Will it be a Google blocking the site?

Or will it be a problem in configuring my store?

Many thanks!

Carlos

I tried checking the PR of your site here and it worked OK. The line number the error is pointing at is in the Link Popularity section of the code, which shouldn't be possible if you are checking PR. I don't know what to suggest. :(

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried checking the PR of your site here and it worked OK. The line number the error is pointing at is in the Link Popularity section of the code, which shouldn't be possible if you are checking PR. I don't know what to suggest. :(

Jack

Edited by Scrooch TFT

A new version has been uploaded. It has the following changes:

- Added code to check for session ID's in links.

- Added code to check for listings in googles supplemental index.

- Added code to disable extended time function if safe mode is in use.

- Added quick links to the various sections.

- Fixed several minor coding errors and cleaned up code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've tried you're new version Jack, still get the same error clicking on pagerank.

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-685391473&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.miraiwinkel.nl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /var/www/vhosts/miraiwinkel.nl/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/miraiwinkel.nl/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

Everything else works.

No changes wre made to the Page Rank code in the latest version. It doesn't fail when I try checking your site here. My guess is that it is some server related setting or version.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your work Jack. I just have some errors that you might know about. When I use the Check SID's feature and check Google .. I get this error.:

Warning: fopen(http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.site.com&num=10&hl=en&lr=&filter=0&start=1): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in C:\sokkit\site\catalog\admin\includes\modules\seo_check_sids.php on line 33

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.sa...r=0&start=1.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\sokkit\site\catalog\admin\includes\modules\seo_check_sids.php on line 119

MSN and Yahoo return no errors.

-----------------------------

When I use supplemental I get this error which is caused by Google too:

Warning: fopen(http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.site.com&num=10&hl=en&lr=&filter=0&start=1): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in C:\sokkit\site\catalog\admin\includes\modules\seo_check_supplemental.php on line 17

Unable to open remote file http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.sa...r=0&start=1.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\sokkit\site\catalog\admin\includes\modules\seo_check_supplemental.php on line 59

Edited by insomniac2

If you click on the link in that failure, it will open google with the results shown. So the code is working properly but something on your server is preventing it (probably). Go to your admin->tools->server info section and check this option

allow_url_fopen

It should be On. If it isn't, you will need to ask your host to enable it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed the new version of SEO Assistant version 1.7.

And I had the same error when I click on Page Rank button. I described below the error:

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=61459219499&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.hipertech.com.br) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/hipertec/public_html/loja/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/hipertec/public_html/loja/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

Failed to read url: www.hipertech.com.br

I have checked the "Allow_url_fopen" and it is set to ON.

I have copied the configuration of my Linux server.

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL Database: MySQL 5.0.24-standard-log

Server Date: 19/12/2006 17:31:28 Datebase Date: 19/12/2006 17:31:28

Server Up Time: 17:31:28 up 12 days, 1:57, 1 user, load average: 0.49, 0.66, 0.61

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

PHP Version: 4.4.3 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Directive Local Value Master Value

allow_call_time_pass_reference On On

allow_url_fopen On On

always_populate_raw_post_data Off Off

arg_separator.input & &

arg_separator.output & &

asp_tags Off Off

auto_append_file no value no value

auto_prepend_file no value no value

browscap no value no value

default_charset no value no value

default_mimetype text/html text/html

define_syslog_variables Off Off

disable_classes no value no value

disable_functions no value no value

display_errors On On

display_startup_errors Off Off

Above is some definitions of my PHP Server configuration.

All other functions of the new version has failed but Page Rank.

Is there any other parameters that can cause this error in Page Rank function?

Does anyone find out what is causing this error?

This SEO Assistant Module is a very good one for those who wants to aprimorate your shop and also wants to check how search engine sees his site. Congratulations for Jack_mcs for his action.

Many Thanks.

CarlosCosta

Sorry for the error of the last post. This is the corrected one.

And I had the same error when I click on Page Rank button. I described below the error:

Server Up Time: 17:31:28 up 12 days, 1:57, 1 user, load average: 0.49, 0.66, 0.61

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

allow_url_fopen On On

arg_separator.input & &

arg_separator.output & &

asp_tags Off Off

display_errors On On

All other functions of the new version have functioned well but Page Rank.

Is there any other parameters that it can cause this error in Page Rank function?

This SEO Assistant Module is a very good one for those who wants to aprimorate your shop and also wants to check how search engine sees his own site. Congratulations for Jack_mcs for his action.

Many Thanks.

CarlosCosta

I don't have an answer for you but try this. In admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php, find this line

$pr = file("http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6$ch&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=$url");

and place this after it

var_dump($pr);

Then try getting the page rank. If a line of code prints out, besides the error, post it here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

I tried to put the command you mention on your post and got this:

bool(false)

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/hipertec/public_html/loja/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 98

In bold you see the extra line included.

Can you detect anything wrong?

Many Thanks.

Carlos Costa

No, it is just saying the call to read in the file failed, which I already suspected. The url that is being generated appears to be correct but the checksum (61459219499) in that string doesn't appear to be. There's no way for me to troubleshoot this since it works fine here so I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The trouble seems to be with checksum number.

What parameters is this checksum number is relationship with?

The number generated with my shop is 61459219499 and if you generate this checksum with your shop what is the checksum number you get?

Is it possible you post the checksum number you get to my shop (www.hipertech.com.br)?

If it is different, I can test with the number you get.

Many thanks,

Carlos Costa

The trouble seems to be with checksum number.

What parameters is this checksum number is relationship with?

The number generated with my shop is 61459219499 and if you generate this checksum with your shop what is the checksum number you get?

Is it possible you post the checksum number you get to my shop (www.hipertech.com.br)?

If it is different, I can test with the number you get.

Many thanks,

Carlos Costa

Here's the output of mine when I try to test your site
You can paste that, or yours, into a browers url string to see the result.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi! Jack,

Fantastic! Now it is OK.

The error is in the checksum generator of my shop. I got your code and put it in the seo_assistant.php as a fixed value and it worked perfectly.

Do you know what is the formula to generate the Google Checksum (GCH)?

Why does my shop generate a number different of yours?

My shop generates a number = 1459219499

Your shop generates a number = 234027593 -> Look the size is different!!!

Is it possible to send me a copy of your seo_assistant.php by email to compare with mine?

My email is [email protected] .

I saw some variables like GMAG = 0xE6359A60 and $a = $b = 0x9E3779B9 in the seo_assistant.php. I don´t know what is this variables, but perhaps it is necessary adjust this value to my site.

If yes, how can I calculate the right values?

Many Thanks,

Carlos Costa

I use the same code that I uploaded so it wouldn't make a difference to send it to you. There isn't anything specific about the code that should make it work on one shop and not another other than possibly a php version bug. Or I suppose you could have a corrupted functions file but that seems extremely unlikely.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the same error - it appears to be a google problem. When I run it locally on my development laptop - the PR function works - but when I run it from my server it does not. Some things I have found:

1. changing navclient-auto on like 96 of seo_assistant.php will resolve the error - but not give you a pagerank

2. if you put vardump the URL being opened, copy and paste it into your browser, you will get an error (probably because of the checksum value).

3. Using the function is actually a violation of the Google TOS:

No Automated Querying

You may not send automated queries of any sort to Google's system without express permission in advance from Google. Note that "sending automated queries" includes, among other things:

* using any software which sends queries to Google to determine how a website or webpage "ranks" on Google for various queries;

* "meta-searching" Google; and

* performing "offline" searches on Google.

Mike

Sorry for the error of the last post. This is the corrected one.

allow_url_fopen On On

arg_separator.input & &

arg_separator.output & &

asp_tags Off Off

display_errors On On

All other functions of the new version have functioned well but Page Rank.

Is there any other parameters that it can cause this error in Page Rank function?

This SEO Assistant Module is a very good one for those who wants to aprimorate your shop and also wants to check how search engine sees his own site. Congratulations for Jack_mcs for his action.

Many Thanks.

CarlosCosta

Hi,

I installed this contrib a few weeks ago and like it very much - well done.

My only problem is that when I use the Header Status functionality I have always got the error message:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

I have no idea why!! anyone any ideas??

Thanks

T