• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Assistant

Jack_mcs

This contribution needs to access the web using fopen calls. There are settings in php.ini to block that. That might be your problem.

Jack

OK....I figured it was something really simple...

I had to change the permissions of the seo_assistant.php file to allow read permissions from my server.

I have never had a permission problem with other contribs....Maybe you set your ownership to apache...I didn't install that way so I had to allow group read permissions to the file.....

Anyway.....Thanks for jogging my brain with the server side tip.

and thanks for the great contrib!

Bill

Hi Jack,

I was just wondering if you ever managed to get around to doing an update for this contrib. I remember a while ago there were issues with hotbot (which there still are).

Also as a word of warning to others, do not use the bug fix from 13 Oct 2005 it is seriously flawed! It returns hugely different results everytime you do a link popularity check.

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

I installed this , yet even though I know search terms are at the top of google, i get the message

"The site www.jawproducts.com is not in the top 10 for the term enter search word(s) on Google"

Even though I know that we are #2 for things im typing!

hello,

Have install last version of the SEO assistant.

SEO_Assistant V_1.3.3 full package

I am on CRELOADED 6

when trying to acces to SEO assistant in the admin module,

It says in french :

L'acc?s a ?chou?

Aucun acc?s n'est valide !

Veuillez entrer en contact avec l'administrateur du site en cas de probl?me d'acc?s

understand

Access failed . Any access is not valid!

Please ccontact the administrator of the site in the event of problem of access

Can some one helps me please ?

Thanks in advance.

regards.

plEx

have find the solution here,

but have an othe probl?m now :(

when trying to do a linkpopularity,

it says :

Warning: file(http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=MSNH&q=link%3Awww.MonSite-CRELOADED.fr): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 14

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 14

Warning: file(http://www.hotbot.com/default.asp?query=linkdomain%3Awww.MonSite-CRELOADED.fr&ps=&loc=searchbox&tab=web&provKey=Inktomi): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Request Denied in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 77

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 77

Warning: file(http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?FORM=MSNH&q=link%3Awww.MonSite-CRELOADED.com): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 14

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 14

Warning: file(http://www.hotbot.com/default.asp?query=linkdomain%3Awww.MonSite-CRELOADED.com&ps=&loc=searchbox&tab=web&provKey=Inktomi): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Request Denied in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 77

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/MonSitem/www/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 77

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select admin_files_id from admin_files where FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_groups_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '1' and admin_files_name = 'administrator.php'

[TEP STOP]

can some one help me please ?

regards,

PlX

• 3 weeks later...

I get this error:

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-623055028&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:http%3A%2F%2Fshop.erotikknett.no%2F) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/toyzno/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/toyzno/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

Where do i locate the PHP.ini file?

Best regards

Jan S

The php.ini file is a control file that is not accessilble on shared hosts, which I am assuming you are on. You will need to contact your host if there is an option you want changed in it. Most will not change them though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi guys !

I've tried using v1.3.3 (13 Oct 05) install and now I've downgraded to Jack's most recent v1.3, but I'm still getting the following errors when using the Keyword Density checker:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxxx/ajfashionjewellery.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxxx/ajfashionjewellery.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 60

Warning: arsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /xxxx/ajfashionjewellery.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 72

I've read through all posts on this thread and can't find what I'm looking for. Am I missing something?

Even more worrying is that I've just tried a few random free keyword density checkers I found via Google and they all came back noting that I had virtually no keywords on my site. Is this because the checkers can't read dynamic pages or is my shop setup completely wrong?

Cheers

Andy

http://www.ajfashionjewellery.co.uk

Hi,

I have one quick question. Step 2 states:

"2) Load the seo_assistant.sql file using phpmyadmin. You can alter the file to start with your url and chosen search word(s) if you like."

Do I have to put keywords in the sql statement? How do i separate keywords if I put them in (how do i track "football" and "basketball")? If so, how do I change them if I decide to change them?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by zalik22

You would need to alter the sql file to do that prior to uploading it. It only works with one search word, not a list.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You would need to alter the sql file to do that prior to uploading it. It only works with one search word, not a list.

Jack

Hi,

I get the following error when I try "link popularity."

Warning: file(http://www.hotbot.com/default.asp?query=linkdomain%3Awww.mysite.com&ps=&loc=searchbox&tab=web&provKey=Inktomi): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Request Denied in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 162

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/admin/includes/functions/seo_link_popularity.php on line 162

Line 162 is the following:

$data = strtolower(strip_tags(implode("", file($path))));

If somebody could help me, that would be great. Thanks!

I have seen this mentioned a few times (and I have the same problem):

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=61318983345&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.pbs.org): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/antique/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/antique/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

Failed to read url: www.pbs.org

As this is the page rank, I can't just comment the code out. Is this due to a server setting or is this due to google making changes?

It could be either. There have been some failures where I have taken the persons url and entered it on my site and it worked, which would indicate a problem with their setup. While others failed the same way, which would indicate a coding or SE problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It could be either. There have been some failures where I have taken the persons url and entered it on my site and it worked, which would indicate a problem with their setup. While others failed the same way, which would indicate a coding or SE problem.

Jack

Any way to isolate the problem and fix it?

Testing it on a site with a working version of this would help tell if it is server related or not (I'll PM you a link). If it is in the contribution, it is fixable but I haven't had the time to work on this one for quite some time. It needs to be updated but I simply can't get to it, although I plan to.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Testing it on a site with a working version of this would help tell if it is server related or not (I'll PM you a link). If it is in the contribution, it is fixable but I haven't had the time to work on this one for quite some time. It needs to be updated but I simply can't get to it, although I plan to.

Jack

Hi, thanks for the great contribution and support by all.

I have the same problem with Page Rank. I enetered my site url and even google.com but got the same result.

Here's the error message...

-------

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-2147435329&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.google.com): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home/xbggnxmw/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 96

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/xbggnxmw/public_html/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 97

-------

Any ideas about what is going on?

Regards, SHJ :-"

Edited by shopaholicjapan

Hi again, further to my posting above...I added the latest seo_assistant and seo_link_popularity php's and now cant get in to my Admin. When I go to Admin everything justs hangs with no time outs.

WoToDo?

Thanx in advance, SHJ :-" :-"

Jack, thanx for the reply.

The hanging has stopped. Maybe it was just server side or womewhere in between.

Now, I still get the above mentioned error codes for Page Ranking after including the most recently posted changes, even on a Google ranking.

Hmmmm.

SHJ :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys !

I've tried using v1.3.3 (13 Oct 05) install and now I've downgraded to Jack's most recent v1.3, but I'm still getting the following errors when using the Keyword Density checker:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxxx/ajfashionjewellery.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxxx/ajfashionjewellery.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 60

Warning: arsort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /xxxx/ajfashionjewellery.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/seo_density.php on line 72

I've read through all posts on this thread and can't find what I'm looking for. Am I missing something?

Even more worrying is that I've just tried a few random free keyword density checkers I found via Google and they all came back noting that I had virtually no keywords on my site. Is this because the checkers can't read dynamic pages or is my shop setup completely wrong?

Cheers

Andy

http://www.ajfashionjewellery.co.uk

Hi,

Just a quick note for anyone who's had a similar problem to the one I described above . . . this was caused by the Autologon contribution which I had installed.

I stumbled over the problem when I used the Lynx text browser to view my index page. Lynx (and therefore all search engine spiders too, who read the page in a similar fashion) only displayed a login error when viewing index.php which was preventing my site getting indexed and causing errors when using SEO Assistant.

Cheers

Andy