osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO Assistant

Jack_mcs

Here's the url I get when I run it with your site:

http://www.google.com/search?client=navcli...goutfitters.com

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok That link you posted worked when I called it directly in the browser so copied it into my seo_assistant.php and I replaced info:www.txcampingoutfitters.com with $url and it works like a charm now. Thank you so much for you help and great contribution.

Edited by Silverado05

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm

I am getting this problem

I installed SEO

on my admin tool section SEO assistant when i click on it

it says

1146 - Table 'bodybol.seo_google' doesn't exist

select search_url, search_term, rank, sites_searched, date from seo_google

I tried everything what i just read here around

and still cant get out with it

Anyone now how to fix it ????

• 2 weeks later...

mm i am getting this error when i try to check page rank

Warning: file(http://www.google.com/search?client=navclient-auto&ch=6-1610651549&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:www.sweetheartsandtarts.com) [function.file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /xxxx/cxxxxxx/Dxxxxx/xxxx/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 111

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /xxxx/cxxxxxx/Dxxxxx/xxxx/admin/includes/functions/seo_assistant.php on line 112

any ideas, im using the latest version

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

• 3 weeks later...

hey, great contribution and an easy install - ive just got one small problem

When I try to check my PageRank I get a small error message at the top of the screen highlighted in pink that says "Failed to read url: www.topgoth.co.uk"

any idea why the PageRank function doesnt work? everything else seems to be fine. :-/

That seems to be a problem with many sites. Something in the code doesn't work with all of them it seems. You can read back through this thread to make sure you have the correct version.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

You gotta love contributions where you only add, add, add, and hardly have to modify a couple lines of code on your existing files :D

I got this installed and it does seem to be working great, but I only have one small issue already poster above; knowing how my terms come out on google.com is of little use to me, since when I myself browse google.com by hand, my searches will be done on google.es (and the same will happen to 99% of my customers). I do not hope being the first one globally on any terms, but I do want to know how I rank from my customers point of view.

I have searched and replaced ALL instances of "google.com" to "google.es" and also all "hl=en" to "hl=en" and it seems to be doing quite better now :D

Thanks for this great contrib! :D

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda

A new version has been uploaded. The following changes were made:

- Added code to check for "This may harm your computer" pages

- Changed MSN search condition to work with their new code.

- Changed Yahoo position code to work with their new code

- Diabled error reporting for implode call in functions/seo_link_popularity.php

- Fixed php compatiblity and coding errors in includes/functions/seo_density.php

- Converted some hard-coded text to variables to make them language compatible

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

This I stumbled upon by accident...

My god am I glad I did. Thanks Jack.

Absolutely priceless. Installed.

Worked first time.

Got a small error -

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/in/my/path/site/admin/seo_assistant.php on line 18

Commented the Time limit out for now...

// set_time_limit(0);

My host probably doesnt like this code, any work around if you find time?

That function won't work if the server is in safe-mode. It is only added to try to prevent some timeouts. If you are not having any, then it wouldn't make a difference. If you are, then you will need to limit the number of files to monitor.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. The following changes were made:

- Added code to check for "This may harm your computer" pages

- Changed MSN search condition to work with their new code.

- Changed Yahoo position code to work with their new code

- Diabled error reporting for implode call in functions/seo_link_popularity.php

- Fixed php compatiblity and coding errors in includes/functions/seo_density.php

- Converted some hard-coded text to variables to make them language compatible

Jack

Nice, I will be checking it out now. Typo on my previos post, where I said:

I have searched and replaced ALL instances of "google.com" to "google.es" and also all "hl=en" to "hl=en"

I meant:

I have searched and replaced ALL instances of "google.com" to "google.es" and also all "hl=en" to "hl=es"

My sugestion; I know it is very easy asking, but even if I may try to change some small things on contributions, there's no way on earth I would be able to this one. It is nice being able to query google at any time for a given word, and have it stored on a DB so you can later compare how you are doing.ç

But I think it would be even better if that could be done a little bit more automated. Like, I could configure several/many search terms I want googled and stored on the DB, and all of them could be searched with the press of a button. Maybe it could even be automated via cron, so once a week you can do the query, and on the long term you can see if your search terms are doing better or worse.

Anyway, it is a nice tool to have. Just trying to give some ideas on how I think it could be a lot better :D

Thanks!

MindTwist of Twisted Reality and Twisted Tienda

Hi Jack

Im william here, regarding about the SEO, im getting this error of when im suing the Header Status, the error are:- Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/pchardwa/public_html/admin/includes/modules/seo_header.php on line 30

please help

Hi Jack

Im william here, regarding about the SEO, im getting this error of when im suing the Header Status, the error are:- Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of fsockopen(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/pchardwa/public_html/admin/includes/modules/seo_header.php on line 30

please help

Find this line in the admin/includes/modules/seo_header.php file
$fp = fsockopen("$host", "$port", &$err_num, &$err_msg, 10);

and change it to

$fp = fsockopen("$host", "$port", $err_num, $err_msg, 10);

I haven't tested it but I think it will work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Find this line in the admin/includes/modules/seo_header.php file
$fp = fsockopen("$host", "$port", &$err_num, &$err_msg, 10);

and change it to

$fp = fsockopen("$host", "$port", $err_num, $err_msg, 10);

I haven't tested it but I think it will work.

Jack

Thanks you for your helpful information. It's ok with it.. im would like to ask one more question regarding about this Check for SID's. Why does the warning msg show Warning! The Prevent Spiders Sessions setting in your database is set to False. This option should be set to True in almost all cases. It is meant to prevent session ID's from being added to links in the search engine listings.

Can you tell wat that and how am im going to slove??

thanks you

With that option turned off (unless you have cookies turned on), the search engines will attach session ID's to the links in their listings, which that part of SEO Assistant is checking. By turning the option on (in admin->Sessions), you prevent that from happening.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I am getting my header status returned with a 500 error. But i have checked my site with some sites that check the header status and they are saying it is ok returning a 200 status.

I am running the latest version of the contrib - any suggestions or is it just my host no liking the code?

best regards and thankyou for the contrib,

anthony

Hi,

Just a quick question.

When checking my KD - should i have the Include Meta Tags and Use Partial Total boxes checked or unchecked when aiming for the 4-6% as they make a huge difference to my %

thanks

Hi,

Just a quick question.

When checking my KD - should i have the Include Meta Tags and Use Partial Total boxes checked or unchecked when aiming for the 4-6% as they make a huge difference to my %

thanks

There's no chlear answer for that. But if the includsion is making a big difference, then the keywords are probably setup wrong. A lot of people think that because the meta tag will hold dozens of keywords, they should use them. This is untrue and will cause the problem you are describing.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have installed this great contribution thank you. I have two questions:

1) KD

When I do a check, I get the list including:

- ul

- suckerdiv

- subfolder

- color

- a:hover

etc

Surely this is not right, is it?

2) PR

When I check my page rank, I get the following message:

Failed to read url: www.pebblestar.com

It's a new live store so even if my ranking is 0, shouldn't it show 0? I have tried with http: and https: but nothing works.

Is there a problem with my url?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Florence

Hi Jack,

I have installed this great contribution thank you. I have two questions:

1) KD

When I do a check, I get the list including:

- ul

- suckerdiv

- subfolder

- color

- a:hover

etc

Surely this is not right, is it?

2) PR

When I check my page rank, I get the following message:

Failed to read url: www.pebblestar.com

It's a new live store so even if my ranking is 0, shouldn't it show 0? I have tried with http: and https: but nothing works.

Is there a problem with my url?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Florence

The first problem is due to the css in your file. You can try moving that to an external file and it might not count it.

The other seems to be something on your site that the code can't handle. I am getting an error here too (though different than yours). I would try cleaning up the file first. Javascript and css code should be in external files since that are counted as words by the search engines and that will though your keyword density off.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons