• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eBay Auction Manager 2.0, Support Forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If PWA is working in your osc shop it will work with EAM too, but PWA is not included in this contrib. EAM uses the same checkout procedure as your osc shop.

Oh I see. So basically, I would want to use PWA. I have the Paypal IPN installed, and previously when I tried to install PWA, it seemed that the two were incompatible so I took PWA out......

I guess I'll have to give it another go.

edit= I'm installing the auction manager right now, and I've come across a question:

At the very end of the manual changes instructions, it says this:

NOTE FOR PayPal IPN v0.981 for Milestone 2 USERS ***********

This is to change the auction from Not Checked Out to Checked Out state automatically AND to set the order ID on the auction sales transaction.

/catalog/checkout_paypalipn.php
===================================================

AFTER (about line 221):

$payment_modules->after_process();

ADD:

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM
 $cart->reset(true, $insert_id);
 //+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

But that file doesn't exist in my 2.4 version of the IPN. What should I do?

Edited by wickeddivine

You're using PayPal Shopping Cart IPN. We are referring to PayPal IPN 0.981 (also a contribution). You can use PayPal Shopping Cart IPN with your installation. If you search through the PayPal SC IPN support forum, Greg posted the suggested EAM change for his contribution.

I have a couple questions before I decide whether to install this or not.

1.) Do I create auctions with this mod or do I create them with my traditional method of either TurboLister or via the eBay Sell pages?

2.) Does it support PayPal IPN 2.3?

3.) I've already installed the Flat Shipping contribution. Will your contribution's Flat Shipping conflict?

I've read through past posts but there is so much to go through and it's for the older versions so I apologize if they have already been answered.

Edited by sparky

I have v 3.0 installed and it seems ok ...BUT...the templates features don't work. The links to create the description, shipping, etc are dead in the water and just don't do squat. What did I miss? Also the Download Auctions links don't work either in the ---Auction Listings--- Category but it does (but gives me an error because I dont have an account) in ---Auction Lister--- under Templates.

Did I not get some defines properly installed or something?

Edited by sparky

There should be only one dead link: FILENAME_AUCTION_GENERATOR

This file is not ready yet, maybe Anthony forgot the remove the link.

I think this should be released with the next service releases.

All other links should be there, maybe you should check if everything is installed right.

I don't have any missing links other than that one. What I mean by dead is non-reactionary. I click it and absolutely nothing happens whatsoever. I'm talknig about the row of links for template generators. It would be nice to know what makes those links work to know what I'm missing. I've gone through the code and install files time after time and I'm not seeing the error. All I want to know is what I need to make them actually function. They worked in the demo but I cannot get them to work on my site.

cdi-buy,

You need to install the 3.0 service releases from the site as well. Please remember though that this forum is for the 2.0 release that is on the osCommerce site. If you need support for a later release, you should be posting on the forums at auctionblox. A link to the forum location is in the contribution download.

Sorry about that. My first instinct is these forums and not yours - no offense. I have a concern/issue that's not version specific since I'm still in here....why is my "Download Listings" link in this grouping dead:

-- Auction Listings --

Listings: Pending

Listings: Active

Listings: Ended

Listings: Sold

Listings: Unsold

Listings: All

None of those links to download do anything. It's not like I'm getting an error - I'm not getting a response at all. It was like that with 2.0 when I installed it too.

Hi Don,

Regarding which forum to use, I don't take offense. :) However, there are some osCommerce guidelines that we all must abide. So, if you're talking about 3.0, then please go to the auctionblox forums.

Our goal is to support you, not to make you "feel like a moron". If you are intalling 3.0, then ensure that you have installed 3.0, SR1 and SR2 in that order.

Version 2.0 does not have the "Download listings" link so that particular issue would be version specific. Other than that particular feature are there other items that are not working for you? This could help us figure out whether it is a configuration issue or exactly what.

Version 2.0 has been pretty well baked which is why it has been released on osc.

Unfortunately I never saw SR1. I didn't download it or anything. I installed it and everything does seem to work now (aside from the features you would need a subscription to use)

By the way....it didn't seem to matter that I installed SR1 after SR2. I suppose I may notice problems or issues later but it didn't seem to mess anything up so far.

Edited by cdi-buy.com

• 4 weeks later...

Before I install this contrib (which looks absolutely fabulous!) I have a couple of questions. I've been reading for hours now in the original support thread and then found this new one (lol) but never came across the answers to these questions in the old thread. I just can't read anymore of this tonight and am trying to take the easy way out...please forgive me!

My shipping in Ebay is very different from my shipping on my website. In Ebay, I offer a shipping discount...with a good portion of my items listed in Ebay having very different shipping charges. So, for instance, the first item purchased might have a shipping charge of 3.50, the second item's shipping might be 4.50 and the last item purchased might be 2.00. The way I have my auctions set up in Ebay is that the customer is charged the single most expensive shipping charge plus $1 for each additional item. In my example, the customer would pay $4.50 + $1 + $1 for a total of $6.50.

For my website customers, which aren't always my Ebay customers, shipping is by weight with no discounts for multiple items.

If my Ebay customer is directed to my store for checkout and decides to browse prior to paying for their auction items and ends up buying another item from the store, what would occur with shipping? Would they pay shipping for that extra item based on my website shipping or ebay shipping? I'm sure the customer would expect to pay based on Ebay shipping.

The other question is really a confirmation of sorts I guess. I have my osc website and also a store on Ebay...I'm assuming that this contrib will support my ebay store listings as well as my regular auction listings...is that true?

Sorry if my questions are dim witted...it's late and I'm tired!!

Thanks for the info tho!!

Billie

Before I install this contrib (which looks absolutely fabulous!) I have a couple of questions. I've been reading for hours now in the original support thread and then found this new one (lol) but never came across the answers to these questions in the old thread. I just can't read anymore of this tonight and am trying to take the easy way out...please forgive me!

My shipping in Ebay is very different from my shipping on my website. In Ebay, I offer a shipping discount...with a good portion of my items listed in Ebay having very different shipping charges. So, for instance, the first item purchased might have a shipping charge of 3.50, the second item's shipping might be 4.50 and the last item purchased might be 2.00. The way I have my auctions set up in Ebay is that the customer is charged the single most expensive shipping charge plus $1 for each additional item. In my example, the customer would pay $4.50 + $1 + $1 for a total of $6.50.

For my website customers, which aren't always my Ebay customers, shipping is by weight with no discounts for multiple items.

If my Ebay customer is directed to my store for checkout and decides to browse prior to paying for their auction items and ends up buying another item from the store, what would occur with shipping? Would they pay shipping for that extra item based on my website shipping or ebay shipping? I'm sure the customer would expect to pay based on Ebay shipping.

The other question is really a confirmation of sorts I guess. I have my osc website and also a store on Ebay...I'm assuming that this contrib will support my ebay store listings as well as my regular auction listings...is that true?

Sorry if my questions are dim witted...it's late and I'm tired!!

Thanks for the info tho!!

Billie

Anyone still helping with this forum??

If my Ebay customer is directed to my store for checkout and decides to browse prior to paying for their auction items and ends up buying another item from the store, what would occur with shipping?

The Fixed Shipping module that comes with this contribution allows you to specify fixed shipping charges for your store items as well. You can define domestic, domestic additional, global and global additional shipping charges for each item in your store. Then, you can select whether to offer this shipping method in the store and for auctions, or just for eBay auctions. It won't interfere with normal shipping modules if you disable this for store items.

Yes, eBay Auction Manager supports all eBay listing types including eBay Stores, eBay Motors, fixed, dutch, chinese auctions ...

Edited by auctionblox

I get this error now

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /home/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 13

This is line 13:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

Do you have an uninstall for the database? I didn't realize this script worked with a paid service. I think my error contributes to the database.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Will this contrib work without the purchase without account contrib?  Or will a customer have to create an account before they can check out?  (for the eBay auction)

Just wanted to mention that I have Ebay Auction Sales Manager running flawlessly with a heavy modded site. Here are a few examples I have installed:

Master Products v. 1.1.5 (contrib. Nr.: 1681)

B2B Suite Beta 0.92 (contrib. Nr.: 1575),

PWA v. 80 (contrib. Nr.: 355),

Credit Class Gift Voucher 510b (contrib. Nr.: 282),

Paypal Shopping Cart IPN (contrib. Nr.: 1753)

Ultra Pics (contrib. Nr.: 1689)

and lot`s of others but these were the contributions I was worried about.

For those people selling clothes (products with attributes) I recommend trying out Master Products in combination with EAM. A real lifesaver!

I am only a copy and paster, don`t no nothing about php coding. Sad but true! Nevertheless I managed to merge these contributions with beyondcompare, which I also recommend (winmerge is also supposed to be OK)!

This error is a configuration setting in your php.ini file.  Almost all php installations allow pass by reference.

Actually this method is deprecated and has been depreciated for a while, and is likely to be unsupported in future versions of PHP/Zend :-)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)