• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product extra fields -product list

Arnoud

• 1 year later...

Not sure if Arnoud is still looking for the answer but I am!

Actually I want to display the data of a few fields from PEF not the field name.

Instead of "Sort: Paperback | Year: 2005" I would like to show just "Paperback | 2005" in the productlisting.

I think many people would like to display this information in the productlisting!

Help is welcome...

• 2 months later...
Not sure if Arnoud is still looking for the answer but I am!

Actually I want to display the data of a few fields from PEF not the field name.

Instead of "Sort: Paperback | Year: 2005" I would like to show just "Paperback | 2005" in the productlisting.

I think many people would like to display this information in the productlisting!

Help is welcome...

After I installed this and had same problem I noticed red green dot in the extra fields manager in Admin clicked the green dot to switch them on and they now show in product listing although not where I want them to be.

Does your search work ok

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
i got the attributes to appear in the product description but I want it to appear in the product listing also.

Any ideas on how I do that?

hello

can you please help and tell me how can I show the product extra fields in product listing? or at least which file do I have to edit? (is it he same product_info.php that appears in the list?)

hello

can you please help and tell me how can I show the product extra fields in product listing? or at least which file do I have to edit? (is it he same product_info.php that appears in the list?)

for products listings you will have to edit the includes/modules/products_listings.php file. But also note that you will have appropriately change the query from wherever the product listing is called in.. or in the product listing check if the extra field is present and then only show up ( similar to the product info page code ).

Hope that helped.

Cheers

Hari

for products listings you will have to edit the includes/modules/products_listings.php file. But also note that you will have appropriately change the query from wherever the product listing is called in.. or in the product listing check if the extra field is present and then only show up ( similar to the product info page code ).

Hope that helped.

Cheers

Hari

thank you very much! already did that and uploaded my little contribution there :D

so check it out : Product Extra Fields in product listing

• 2 weeks later...
It seems you contribution is not working.

yes I got a pm from someone saying id did not work

it seems that I worked on another version of oscommerce.. RC1 I think (I also added the product extra features in my store manually.. ). So if someone has the latest version of oscommerce.. and a little knowledge of php... maybe can help us update exactly the files. (my contribution works if you know where to put the code fragments in the latest RC2 version.)

• 3 weeks later...

it doesnt work because there places you instruct to place the code in the instructions dont exsist. i have an original unmodified product_listing.php file from OSC 2.2 so i know its not that thats wrong. if yours is from rc1 does anybody have an updated version they can post?

• 4 weeks later...
It seems you contribution is not working.

This will fix your headache, I also added it to the contribution page

Enjoy

includes/modules/product_listings.php

FIND

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';

}

break;

REPLACE WITH

//PRODUCT EXTRA FIELDS IN PRODUCT LISTING - BEGINING

//$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . //$listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';

// }

// break;

$extra_fields_text = '';

$extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("

SELECT pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value

FROM ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." pef

LEFT JOIN ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." ptf

ON ptf.products_extra_fields_id=pef.products_extra_fields_id

WHERE ptf.products_id=". (int) $listing['products_id'] ." and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>'' and (pef.languages_id='0' or pef.languages_id='".$languages_id."')

ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order");

while ($extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_fields_query)) {

if (! $extra_fields['status'])

continue;

$extra_fields_text = $extra_fields_text.

'<font color="#000000">'.$extra_fields['name'].': </font>' .

'<font color="#006600">' .$extra_fields['value'].'<BR></font>';

}

$lc_text = '<b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $fldname . '</a></b> <br>' . $extra_fields_text . '<br>';

}

break;

// PRODUCT EXTRA FIELDS IN PRODUCT LISTING - END

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to the whole osC system and have a fresh install of 2.2 RC2a with only STS 4.5.8 added on. I've tried both the "Product Extra Fields in Product Listing Works with RC2.2" and the "STSv4.5.2_and_PRODUCT_EXTRA_FIELD" versions of PEF and can't seem to get it to show up in the cart admin. What am I doing wrong?

I'm new to the whole osC system and have a fresh install of 2.2 RC2a with only STS 4.5.8 added on. I've tried both the "Product Extra Fields in Product Listing Works with RC2.2" and the "STSv4.5.2_and_PRODUCT_EXTRA_FIELD" versions of PEF and can't seem to get it to show up in the cart admin. What am I doing wrong?

Ok, so I suppose installing an actual version of PEF might have been helpful in the first place. Sorry. :-"

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please tell me how to display and extra field value in the invoice and packing slip?

eg. I have various extra fields like author, isbn , publisher etc. and i want the author field to be displayed besides the product name in the invoice.

Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

:'( G'Day All,

I've had a red hot go at installing this contrib but just can't make it happen. I'm getting this error

1054 - Unknown column 'pef.languages_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value FROM products_extra_fields pef LEFT JOIN products_to_products_extra_fields ptf ON ptf.products_extra_fields_id=pef.products_extra_fields_id WHERE ptf.products_id=33 and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>'' and (pef.languages_id='0' or pef.languages_id='1') ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order

[TEP STOP]

We're running 2.2rc2a.

Any help gladly received.

• 3 months later...

hi... i was able to finally remove the PEF details from the product name in the product list.. HOWEVER, now in the product name column, it is duplicating the product picture...

http://chargercards.com/index.php?cPath=21...ecb322f2b8955e4

here is my code in product_listing.php I must have duplicated the code somewhere.. please help!

<?php

/*

$Id: product_listing.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

$list_box_contents = array();

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {

switch ($column_list[$col]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_MODEL;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER;

$lc_align = '';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;

$lc_align = 'right';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;

$lc_align = 'right';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT;

$lc_align = 'right';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;

$lc_align = 'center';

break;

}

if ( ($column_list[$col] != 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW') && ($column_list[$col] != 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE') ) {

$lc_text = tep_create_sort_heading($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], $col+1, $lc_text);

}

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',

'text' => ' ' . $lc_text . ' ');

}

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {

$rows = 0;

$listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);

while ($listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {

$rows++;

if (($rows/2) == floor($rows/2)) {

$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-even"');

} else {

$list_box_contents[] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');

}

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {

$lc_align = '';

switch ($column_list[$col]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_model'] . ' ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$lc_align = '';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

//$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . //$listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';

//			}
//			break;

$extra_fields_text = '';
				  SELECT pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value
		 LEFT JOIN  ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." ptf
		WHERE ptf.products_id=". (int) $listing['products_id'] ." and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>'' and (pef.languages_id='0' or pef.languages_id='".$languages_id."')

continue;

}		

$lc_text = '<b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $fldname . '</a></b> <br>' . $extra_fields_text . '<br>';

}
		break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$lc_align = '';

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $listing['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $listing['manufacturers_name'] . '</a> ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$lc_align = 'right';

if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price'])) {

$lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';

} else {

$lc_text = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';

}

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$lc_align = 'right';

$lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_quantity'] . ' ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$lc_align = 'right';

$lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_weight'] . ' ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$lc_align = 'center';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

} else {

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';

}

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

}

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

'text'  => $lc_text);

}

}

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);

} else {

$list_box_contents = array();

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);

}

if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Can someone help me with this contribution?

I am trying to get the Product extra fields to show-up in the product listing. But i'm using the product_listing_tpl.php file

instead of the product_listing.php file and this mod doesn't work. I don't have a code line matching what is suggested in the instructions to replace?? If anyone knows what line I should replace with the provided code I would apprec. it. working on this for hours:

13. Extra Fields in product listing (optional)
In catalog/includes/modules/product_listings.php

FIND

$lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . $listing['products_name'] . '</a> ';
           }
           break;

REPLACE WITH

//            }
//            break;

$extra_fields_text = '';
				SELECT pef.languages_id, pef.products_extra_fields_status as status, pef.products_extra_fields_name as name, ptf.products_extra_fields_value as value
				LEFT JOIN ". TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS ." ptf
				WHERE ptf.products_id=". (int) $listing[$x]['products_id'] ." and pef.languages_id=" . (int)$languages_id . " and ptf.products_extra_fields_value<>''

continue;

}

$lc_text = ' <b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $listing[$x]['products_name'] . '</a></b><br>  ' . $extra_fields_text . '<br>';

}
break;

Edited by northshore