• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bullet in Dhtml Menu Bar

Serial

Hi Serial,

my problem is the same of Mr. Revelation7. In fact when I use DHTML Men? with STS, the men? is empty! :(

But when I deactive STS the men? working properly. :blink:

Thanks for your collaboration.

GiorgioBLU

> prosecco - cartizze - spumante <

Whenever you want, the good Italian wine

on www.proseccoroad.com

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am running my site in hebrew. So the my catagory is on the right side of the screen and the whole site is being centered to 770 pixels in the middle of the screen. How do i get the menu to be inside my box ... right now its way on the right of the screen ....

i also tried copy pasting that same code to my thing but is unable to get the thing working, i also added the same code and its not givign error but also its not displaying any thign so please help me out. (jigaruu)

===============

same problem at my store

www.diskcom.be/shop

and i cant even disable.

i cant find in phpmyadmin (diskcom)

===================

Hi Serial,

my problem is the same of Mr. Revelation7. In fact when I use DHTML Men? with STS, the men? is empty!  :(

But when I deactive STS the men? working properly. :blink:

Thanks for your collaboration. (GiorgioBLU)

Hi,

Have you applied all the necessary alterations? I do not have it installed with my osc.

Please check all the STS related files. If you receive any error message other than blank box when trying it, please send me the error.

I can also look at your files via ftp or web based control panel if you prefer. Make sure to send me required information by "PM" or "Email".

Other than that, I suggest you to communicate with original programmers of STS and DHTML Menu contributions.

Good luck!

Everything is possible.

I am running my site in hebrew. So the my catagory is on the right side of the screen and the whole site is being centered to 770 pixels in the middle of the screen. How do i get the menu to be inside my box ... right now its way on the right of the screen ....

Hi webshark,

What is the original side (left or right) for your Categories Box?

Most of the time, it happens because the tables/cells are no longer nesting each other. It might have been screwed up per some heavy modification (??). I did it too.

Hope you?ll find it!

Everything is possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Xander?!

I am currently trying to incorporate your contribution menuBar 0.2 into my shopping cart.

I need to implement the menu so that it is as similiar to the one www.outpost.com has.

I have easily made it a vertical (thank godness for HVmenu) and am trying to play around with particular settings..

I'd greatly appreciate if you could help me out. One thing I currently need help with is how to ste a predefined length, lets say 400 px. If the categories width surpasses that, then I'd like the next set of categories to display on the next line.

Is this something that is possible? If so, could you help me out?

As always, I'd be greatful for any assistance/tips.

• 2 weeks later...

Isnt there anyone who can help me out?

Or point me in the correct direction?

Hey Xander?!

I am currently trying to incorporate your contribution menuBar 0.2 into my shopping cart.

I need to implement the menu so that it is as similiar to the one www.outpost.com has.

I have easily made it a vertical (thank godness for HVmenu) and am trying to play around with particular settings..

I'd greatly appreciate if you could help me out.  One thing I currently need help with is how to ste a predefined length, lets say 400 px.  If the categories width surpasses that, then I'd like the next set of categories to display on the next line. 

Is this something that is possible?  If so, could you help me out?

As always, I'd be greatful for any assistance/tips.

I installed contribution -http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1494/

and when I go to my admin to activate the menu I receive an error..... Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/mystore/public_html/catalog/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1.

Does anyone know about this contrib and or how to resolve this error?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-Ryan

Noob, Thanks I really appreciate it, I had almost given up thinking no one would help.

<?php

/*

$Id: configuration.php,v 1.43 2003/06/29 22:50:51 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

$configuration_value = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration_value']);

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cID));

break;

}

}

$gID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'])) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] : 1;

$cfg_group_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_group_title from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "'");

$cfg_group = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_group_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $cfg_group['configuration_group_title']; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_value, use_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "' order by sort_order");

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

if (tep_not_null($configuration['use_function'])) {

$use_function = $configuration['use_function'];

if (ereg('->', $use_function)) {

$class_method = explode('->', $use_function);

if (!is_object(${$class_method[0]})) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . $class_method[0] . '.php');

${$class_method[0]} = new $class_method[0]();

}

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($class_method[1], $configuration['configuration_value'], ${$class_method[0]});

} else {

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($use_function, $configuration['configuration_value']);

}

} else {

$cfgValue = $configuration['configuration_value'];

}

if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'] == $configuration['configuration_id']))) && !isset($cInfo) && (substr($action, 0, 3) != 'new')) {

$cfg_extra_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key, configuration_description, date_added, last_modified, use_function, set_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_id = '" . (int)$configuration['configuration_id'] . "'");

$cfg_extra = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_extra_query);

$cInfo_array = array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

$cInfo = new objectInfo($cInfo_array);

}

if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) {

echo ' <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";

} else {

echo ' <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";

}

?>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $configuration['configuration_title']; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($cfgValue); ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

switch ($action) {

case 'edit':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

if ($cInfo->set_function) {

eval('$value_field = ' . $cInfo->set_function . '"' . htmlspecialchars($cInfo->configuration_value) . '");');

} else {

$value_field = tep_draw_input_field('configuration_value', $cInfo->configuration_value);

}

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('configuration', FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=save'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br><b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b><br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description . '<br>' . $value_field);

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

default:

if (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) {

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->date_added));

if (tep_not_null($cInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->last_modified));

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo ' <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo ' </td>' . "\n";

}

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I just installed Cool menu on My Site. As you can see the menu is not in its right place, i would like it to be inside the box. Did i do something wrong during the installataion or is it always like this?

Anyways...could someone please be so kind and help me?

Have a nice day

//Eyass

I have installed this menu and it is great. I would like to add the information links to it (privacy, links, contact us etc) but I have no idea where to start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the DHTML Menus - installed at http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/index.php

How can I make the text bold ONLY when a user moves the mouse over it? Right now, all it does is change the background color.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Also, is there any reason why the menus do not display on the screen until ALL images on the page are displayed/loaded first?

On a site with a lot of images, it takes a while for the DHTML menu to display itself.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 2 weeks later...

first of all ... nice contribution :thumbsup:

just installed it, and it works fine.

but i have seem to run onto a problem, after installation my slideshows wouldn't work anymore

the slideshow i use is made with javascript.

Site1 : this is the site without DHTML menu bar

http://wolff.computer-beveiliging.info/pro...products_id=121

Site2 : this is the site with the DHTML menu bar

http://www.computer-beveiliging.info/produ...products_id=121

both site are allmost identical, just some minor layout differences, and ofcourse the dhtml menu bar

is it possible that the dhtml script isn't closed properly? or is my slideshow corrupt ?

i don't know! but if anyone could help me, i would me most thankfull

Edited by Solo_webnewb

• 2 months later...

I have been getting a lot of complaints. many from users here who have viewed and commented on my site that the site loads way too slow and the menus do not load until ALL images on the page loads first.

I changed to a new DHTML menu contribution that seems to work great and loads right away along with everything else on the page and the site now loads so much faster.

That contribution is located at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2844

I still like this one better because of all the options and user settings it has, but like I said here and before, this one causes my site to load very slowly and the menus do not load until ALL images on the page loads first.

Has anyone got a fix or know why this is happening?

My site is at:

http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/index.php

I have the other one loaded up right now.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand