• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk v1.01.0 Support

Just discovered this on the admin side: the tools button now reads faqdesk, not tools

This error appears when trying to access faqdesk:

1146 - Table

'faqdesk_configuration_group doesn't exist'

Select configuration_group_id as cgID,

configuration_group_title as cgTitle

from faqdesk_configuration_group where visible ='1' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]

I tried checking all the code I entered. Seems ok.

Also tried dropping and re-installing Db... no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I went back through the code and found the error to fix the tools button. Still need help with the table errors.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've managed to solve the problems I had posted about. Now I have a question about moving the location of FAQdesk. Can I move it from my right column into the information box and how difficult will this be? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get all the errors cleared after the install. Now, there are new ones...

Everything appears normal on the customer side. (so far)

On the admin side, I can add categories and questions. When I add a question, in the answer section this error appears...

Warning: main(includes/modules/faqdesk/html_editor/summary_bb.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\faqdesk.php on line 551

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/faqdesk/html_editor/summary_bb.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\faqdesk.php on line 551

This is the line:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/faqdesk/html_editor/summary_bb.php');

Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
The contribution can be downloaded from here.

*** FAQDesk v1.01.0 ***

This is the complete package.

This is based on the original Carsten contribution.

I have this working to a similar level to the NewsDesk contribution.

- added functionality to the WYSIWYG editor in admin.

- updated code and fixed a lot of bugs (I do mean a lot of bugs).

- fixed the I.E.6 crash issue.

- added support for more languages (upto 9 at the last count).

- added url naming

Hi, I just installed this contri, but the following error is showing up at the very top of the page:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/nu-oroco/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/filenames.php:87) in /home/nu-oroco/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

any Idea what might be causing this and how to fix it....any help is greatly appreciated

• 2 months later...

I just noticed that my FAQ box (which I have in the left column) does not display when someone goes to certain pages on the site. I haven't figured out what the pattern is yet, but thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions on what to look for or where to look.

I need help with the bad WYSIWYG editor

this editor don menage tables with more than one <tr></tr>

and it makes bad html code like this

<table border="1" width="570"><br />

<tr><br />

<td width="76" rowspan="2"><font face="Arial" size="2">Einradgr??e</font></td><br />

<td width="394" valign="top" colspan="5"><br />

<p align="center"><font face="Arial" size="2">minimale Schrittl?nge - maximale Schrittl?nge<br><br />

[bei gr??erer Schrittl?nge mu? eine l?ngere Sattelst?tze mitbestellt werden]</font></p><br />

</td><br />

<br />

</tr><br />

it allwasy add a stupid <br />

how can i get back to a normal good working textarea ??

• 1 month later...
1146 - Table

[TEP STOP]

I tried checking all the code I entered. Seems ok.

Also tried dropping and re-installing Db... no luck.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

How did you fix this? I am sure that it probably means that some of the database did not get imported via the SQL query. Probably can figure it out, but your answer may save me tons of time.

How did you fix this? I am sure that it probably means that some of the database did not get imported via the SQL query. Probably can figure it out, but your answer may save me tons of time.

I have verified that the supposed missing table is not missing. Is there some kind of edit that I need to do to the table?

Here is another error I am getting when I add

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'faqdesk.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'faqdesk_latest.php');

Note" I have entered my full path for security purposes.

1. File does not exist: /admin/includes/menu.js, referer: /admin/faqdesk.php?selected_box=faqdesk

This is an accurate error because I have no /admin/includes/menu.js.

This is not included with the default oscommerce package and it is not included with the FAQ contrib. So, why it is being required by the FAQ script?

I have verified that the supposed missing table is not missing. Is there some kind of edit that I need to do to the table?

Note" I have entered my full path for security purposes.

1. File does not exist: /admin/includes/menu.js, referer: /admin/faqdesk.php?selected_box=faqdesk

This is an accurate error because I have no /admin/includes/menu.js.

This is not included with the default oscommerce package and it is not included with the FAQ contrib. So, why it is being required by the FAQ script?

I believe those files go in catalog/includes/boxes. If I'm following this right. Double check the install and make sure all files are uploaded to the correct folders.

HTH

I believe those files go in catalog/includes/boxes. If I'm following this right. Double check the install and make sure all files are uploaded to the correct folders.

HTH

Yes, these files faqdesk,php and faqdesk_latest.php are in catalog/includes.boxes.

My problem is that when I put the includes in a right or left column, I get the following error on my store homepage.

1146 - Table

[TEP STOP]

Also, the admin/faqdesk_configuration.php file is calling for the following on lines 34-35

<script language="javascript" src="includes/menu.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

Neither of these files are found in admin/includes

There is a includes/general.js in the catalog (my server root) folder.

(My store configuration is: www.oscommercestore.com)

Yes, these files faqdesk,php and faqdesk_latest.php are in catalog/includes.boxes.

My problem is that when I put the includes in a right or left column, I get the following error on my store homepage.

1146 - Table

[TEP STOP]

I had not uploaded my edited catalog/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/filenames.php files to server-dumb mistake.

Also found out that I had a corrupted

TABLE faqdesk_configuration

Also, the admin/faqdesk_configuration.php file is calling for the following on lines 34-35

<script language="javascript" src="includes/menu.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

Neither of these files are found in admin/includes

There is a includes/general.js in the catalog (my server root) folder.

(My store configuration is: www.oscommercestore.com)

My FAQ appears to be working in spite of this, but it is filling up my error log with

File does not exist: /admin/includes/menu.js anytime any file associated with FAQ's.

I do not want to allow reviews of FAQ's. Is there an easy way to turn this feature off?

I tried the following on line 319 of faqdesk_info.php but it did not remove the button. Plus, I am sure hackers/spammers can just get around this by going to the review URL. So, is there a way to completely disable reviews?

//echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_REVIEWS_WRITE, $get_params, 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_write_review.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW) . '</a>';

For the Table error, make sure you update both database_tables.php files. One in Catalog/includes and one in Admin/includes.

To disable reviews, go into the store admin then FAQDesk then Reviews Settings. Set Display Reviews to 0 or disable.

HTH

For the Table error, make sure you update both database_tables.php files. One in Catalog/includes and one in Admin/includes.

To disable reviews, go into the store admin then FAQDesk then Reviews Settings. Set Display Reviews to 0 or disable.

HTH

I no longer have the table error.

Regarding disabling reviews, I go into FAQDesk but there is no Review Setting for me to change. Where is it suppose to be? I have clicked on FAQDesk, FAQs, and Reviews and there is no setting for me to diable or make 0.

Since I don't have that showing, which file would I go into to change this feature manually.

BTW I am using the latest version of FAQDesk Contrib

I'm using FAQDesk v1.01.1 (updated install text)dated APR by Swopedesign. As for the latest update, I'm not sure what has been changed but the version I use works fine. I've added and deleted FAQs with no problems or error messages.

As far as manually configuring the reviews setting, I don't have a clue. Mine is set in the admin. Perhaps a PM to the creator of your version might help solve the problem.

As far as manually configuring the reviews setting, I don't have a clue. Mine is set in the admin. Perhaps a PM to the creator of your version might help solve the problem.

Does anyone else know how I can manually remove the reviews option since I don't have the option in admin.

Does anyone else know how I can manually remove the reviews option since I don't have the option in admin.

My error. I had edited the admin/includes/column_left.php file but forgot to upload it. I know have the reviews settings feature.

It appears that FAQ is working, but I continue to get the following error in my apache error log:

File does not exist: /admin/includes/menu.js, referer: http://www.domain.com/admin/faqdesk_configuration.php?gID=1

The reason for the error is there is no menu.js iin admin/includes.

Looking at the default oscommerce admin/includes folder there is no menu.js.

So why is faqdesk calling for this file?