• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FAQDesk v1.01.0 Support

Thank you for the link. I browsed the topic but must have missed it before. Do you know if it's possible to have and FAQ system that would assign own page for each product? Just like in Lik Sang for example:

http://www.lik-sang.com/?click=pi-9-1467-link

(below the picture they have link to FAQ)

I don't know if this mod can do that and as your site is in Turkish I can't understand all the links.

PS. What mod are you using for the extra images on the bottom of the product page? There is several contributions for that so I'm wondering which one you are using (looks great).

Thank you for your help!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using MaxiDVD mod

UltraPics v1.1, WYSIWYG HTML Editor, Image Uploaded

HTML Newsletter, HTML Email, DEFINE MAIN PAGE....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1689

All of above included in this mod. You may install Ultrapics seperately.

I have changed CSS things to show them fantastic.

For your question. Off course it is possible. Basicly you can write FAQ link for related product in product specification by adding manual link or you may add extra field to product_info table to show FAQ link as a field as your example site made.

I'm using MaxiDVD mod

UltraPics v1.1, WYSIWYG HTML Editor, Image Uploaded

HTML Newsletter, HTML Email, DEFINE MAIN PAGE....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1689

All of above included in this mod. You may install Ultrapics seperately.

I have changed CSS things to show them fantastic.

For your question. Off course it is possible. Basicly you can write FAQ link for related product in product specification by adding manual link or you may add extra field to product_info table to show FAQ link as a field as your example site made.

FM Posted on Sep 3 2004, 11:39 PM

PS. What mod are you using for the extra images on the bottom of the product page? There is several contributions for that so I'm wondering which one you are using (looks great).

Please keep discussions about other contributions out of this thread, this thread is for discussions on support of the faqdesk v 1.01 contribution only.

If you want to have a chat about what other contributions a person is using then use the general chit chat forum or PM the person.

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 3 weeks later...
FAQDesk 1.01.x WYSIWYG add-on for short and long answers in admin

With New Faq insert screen design..

Its quite easy to prepare full HTML style answers for your FAQs.

Screenshot is included.

26/09/2004

Expert

Download:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1106

This should have been released as a seperate contribution to the version that I released, as I cannot be expected to support a contribution change that I am not using and know nothing about.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

First let me say Steve you did a fabulous job on this mod and the documentation was beyond reproach. B)

I also want to verify that the WYSIWYG add-on works perfectly if you already had MaxiDVD HTMLArea + Ultrapics contrib installed. I just replaced the /admin/faqdesk.php file, and it worked great.

Excellent job expert! B)

*Suggestion*

It would be nice to code in a way to change the WYSIWYG interface from basic/advanced via the WYSIWYG control panel under Admin - Configuration. The reason I mention this, is because I get the advanced view for both Short and Long FAQ descriptions. I have basic for all other HTML areas, because it loads much faster.

Very minor, and can easily wait for further development of this mod.

Edited by Madlaker

This should have been released as a seperate contribution to the version that I released, as I cannot be expected to support a contribution change that I am not using and know nothing about.

Actually you right but I don't wanna everybody to see different variants of the this good conrib. Most of osC shop owners are not experienced to chooice right contrib.

But you know Catalog side still has some minor bugs to show images. Currently I got it working after changed some code but I don't wanna release this seperately. Probably you will do that.

@Madlaker

WYSIWYG implementation was only half an hour work for me. I just wanted everybody to use this even if they don't have MaxiDVD conrib installed. Basic or Adv HTML area editor can be easily arranged but this makes installation a little bit complicated for novice users. B)

Expert

Actually you right but I don't wanna everybody to see different variants of the this good conrib. Most of osC shop owners are not experienced to chooice right contrib.

But you know Catalog side still has some minor bugs to show images. Currently I got it working after changed some code but I don't wanna release this seperately. Probably you will do that.

@Madlaker 

WYSIWYG implementation was only half an hour work for me. I just wanted everybody to use this even if they don't have MaxiDVD conrib installed. Basic or Adv HTML area editor can be easily arranged but this makes installation a little bit complicated for novice users.  B)

Expert

Does this have the same features of glow shadow etc as the original

You mean about original HTMLArea features?

Actually this is HTMLArea 2.0 implementation. Not current one 3.0

But it still has enuf features to add HTML things.

I mean the original features of the contribution which had the glow, shadow etc that was fixed in the release supported by this thread

I mean the original features of the contribution which had the glow, shadow etc that was fixed in the release supported by this thread

Nope. Glow and shadow things not included. But this kind of coding can be added and appointed to a new button.

Unfortunately I couldn't use Glow

For example for the Glow text it says when we click glow button:

<span style=width=80%; filter:glow(color=red,strength=2)>for this to work you must place a quote symbol between (= and width) also between () and >)</span>

What "quote symbol" should I use to have Glow texts?

Nope. Glow and shadow things not included. But this kind of coding can be added and appointed to a new button.

Unfortunately I couldn't use Glow

For example for the Glow text it says when we click glow button:

<span style=width=80%; filter:glow(color=red,strength=2)>for this to work you must place a quote symbol between (= and width) also between () and >)</span>

What "quote symbol" should I use to have Glow texts?

double quote "

therefor

would be

<span style="width=80%; filter:glow(color=red,strength=2)">for this to work you must place a quote symbol between (= and width) also between () and >)</span>

Edited by 241

I worked on Faq all day yesterday and I am about ready to quit.

I am using the template contribution

After making faqdesk_file.php and in templates/content made faqdesk_file.tpl.php to support template

My problems

Does not look right at all

Faqdesk_review_write displayed a review for a product as default.

Review count is still 0 though they are in database

I read some posts and after thinking this had to be the worst contribution ever now I think I might be the worst coder ever.

Has anybody got this to work with templates and how?

Why are product reviews being displayed?

Count?

Also the box act strange too. It disappears when a empty product category is clicked.

I have used both versions. One acts worse than the other but pretty much the same problems

Edited by crashwave

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

DAH DAH DAH

Forget the review thng I got that one :wacko: :blush:

IDIOT

clicking on review I get error

Warning: main(includes/javascript/faqdesk_reviews_info.js): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /../../template/main_page.tpl.php on line 19

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/faqdesk_reviews_info.js' (include_path='.:/..../Smarty/libs') in /../../template/main_page.tpl.php on line 19

Edited by crashwave

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

Thank you for that, I am glad that someone appreciates the time and effort that I have put into getting this contibution working to the level that it is. It is just a shame that no-one was willing to help with this, but plenty want it working. ;)

Hi Steve

I am not a programmer, so cannot help you with this, but i am just about capable of installing some contibutions of which Faqdesk was one last night.

I was looking for a faq setup that covered individual categories and yours fits the bill perfectly.

No help to you, i know, but this email is just to say thanks for your efforts as without them (and all the other contib makers) my site would be nowhere near as good as it is now, even though Osc is awesome.

And it is also nice to know that you ansewered the questions on this forum as it answered my problem.

I think there maybe a lot of people like me, capable of installing contribs, but bot capable of the really clever bit :-)

Thanks again

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed the FAQDesk.v1.01.0.zip module.

In the install.txt file, there are fields to add in the two database_tables.php files, but I don't have such files neither in the admin/includes neither in the includes.

Consequently, I have created those files and have inserted the strings.

When running the faqdesk from my admin panel, I got the following error message:

1146 - Table 'sandsta_osc2.TABLE_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP' doesn't exist

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from TABLE_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP where visible = '1' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]

Any idea ? :'(

I have installed the FAQDesk.v1.01.0.zip module.

In the install.txt file, there are fields to add in the two database_tables.php files, but I don't have such files neither in the admin/includes neither in the includes.

Consequently, I have created those files and have inserted the strings.

When running the faqdesk from my admin panel, I got the following error message:

Any idea ?  :'(

The most likely cause is that you have an earlier version of osCommerce which placed the filenames and database table defines in the includes/application_top.php

I have moved the strings of admin/includes/database_tables.php to admin/includes/application_top.php and that of includes/database_tables.php to includes/application_top.php.

The left column of the admin panel now shows this:

BOX_HEADING_FAQDESK 

BOX_FAQDESK

BOX_FAQDESK_REVIEWS

Listing Settings

Frontpage Settings

Reviews Settings

Sticky Settings

None of the links are working due to the termination defined in the application_top.php files. When I add the *.php to the files defined, I got the following error message.

1142 - select command denied to user: 'sandsta_osc2@localhost' for table 'php'

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from faqdesk_configuration_group.php where visible = '1' order by sort_order

[TEP STOP]

The problem comes from the faqdesk in the admin/includes/boxes where the strings are:

$cfg_groups = '';

$configuration_groups_query = tep_db_query("

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from " . TABLE_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP . "

where visible = '1' order by sort_order

");

while ($configuration_groups = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_groups_query)) {

$cfg_groups .= '

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQDESK_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $configuration_groups['cgID'], 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' .

$configuration_groups['cgTitle'] . '</a><br>

';

}

$contents[] = array('text'  => $cfg_groups);

But I don't know how to correct this.

Any idea ? :'(

In the boutique, I got the following error message:

1142 - select command denied to user: 'sandsta_osc2@localhost' for table 'php'

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from faqdesk_configuration.php

[TEP STOP]

:'( ??????

Hello,

Very interested in this contribution, but would like to see how it appears in a web site. ANy one can post a URL that has this FAD installed?

Many thanks

Law

Great contribution! I only had one problem so far, and that was that images were not showing up on the FAQDesk info page (faqdesk_info.php) even though they did appear in the admin area. I did a lot of searching and finally found the clue in an old post. It seems the latest version has been modified a bit to try and address this issue, but there were four calls missed.

To correct images not showing up in FAQDesk, edit faqdesk_info.php and around line 32 make sure you code looks like this:

if (($product_info_values['faqdesk_image'] != 'Array') && ($product_info_values['faqdesk_image'] != '')) {
$insert_image = '
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
 <td>
'. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info_values['faqdesk_image'], $product_info_values['faqdesk_question'], '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"'). '
 </td>
</tr>
</table>
';
}

if (($product_info_values['faqdesk_image_two'] != '') && ($product_info_values['faqdesk_image_two'] != '')) {
$insert_image_two = '
<tr>
 <td>
'. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info_values['faqdesk_image_two'], $product_info_values['faqdesk_question'], '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"'). '
 </td>
</tr>
</table>
';
}

if (($product_info_values['faqdesk_image_three'] != '') && ($product_info_values['faqdesk_image_three'] != '')) {
$insert_image_three = '
<tr>
 <td>
'. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info_values['faqdesk_image_three'], $product_info_values['faqdesk_question'], '', '','hspace="5" vspace="5"'). '
 </td>
</tr>
</table>

The culprit are the calls to "$product_info_values"; in the latest version I downloaded it had several of these as "$product_info".

Hope this helps.

Now ... just got to add in an optional URL for those images!!!

Hello,

Very interested in this contribution, but would like to see how it appears in a web site. ANy one can post a URL that has this FAD installed?

Many thanks

Law

Yeah, no problem!

www.rcm-rc.com/products

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have an issue of my own. to deal with..

Whenever I want to move an FAQ or a category.. I get this message in the Admin Panel:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_reverse() in /home2/rcmrc/public_html/products/admin/includes/functions/faqdesk_general.php on line 206

Any ideas? I'll search for an updated installation pack to install.

Thanks,

-kel

Yeah, no problem!

www.rcm-rc.com/products

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have an issue of my own. to deal with..

Whenever I want to move an FAQ or a category.. I get this message in the Admin Panel:

Any ideas? I'll search for an updated installation pack to install.

Thanks,

-kel

change tep_array_reverse into array_reverse

Edited by 241