• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Nochex APC Payment Module

ldavies83

I'm getting taken to nochex, and back to the site, but the debug emails are all still coming in as "No Response".

This is kinda urgent now, as client wants site to go live yesterday.

Sorry Miguel, I'm kinda wrapped up my own projects at the moment so I havent had a chance to look, in the meantime, set the APC system disabled, as you will get an email from nochex saying money has been received anyway.

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I think i may be getting something wrong here...

Is the nochex apc module only used used for websites with an SSL certificate??  I don't have an ssl cedrtificate and just wondered because the module is not working for me.

The admin section is correct, and the payment module is avaiable in the checkout. when i choose the module and continue through with the checkout i get to confirmation press continue and then nothing!

i don't get taken to nochex, and a page appears titled

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/checkout_nochex.php

all that is on the page is the website header and footer, nothing in the middle??

also, when i try the nochex debug email i get no email from nochex...

regards,

edd robinson

Hi Edd,

Right, sounds like Nochex are getting busy again, try it again soon see if it starts to work. As far as the SSL question is concerned, it will work fine on non SSL sites (in fact thats the way I've set it up). Give the module another try and let me know what happens. Also make sure you are actually signed up to Nochex Xtra a free upgrade but necessary to enable APC functionality.

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

Hi Edd,

Right, sounds like Nochex are getting busy again, try it again soon see if it starts to work. As far as the SSL question is concerned, it will work fine on non SSL sites (in fact thats the way I've set it up). Give the module another try and let me know what happens. Also make sure you are actually signed up to Nochex Xtra a free upgrade but necessary to enable APC functionality.

Hi,

i appreciate the reply, thanks.

nope, still same... no other window, just checkout_nochex.php with nothing in it except my header and footer....

i think this is a mistake i have made... any ideas where to start looking??

am xtra enabled..

thanks,

edd

Hi,

i appreciate the reply, thanks.

nope, still same... no other window, just checkout_nochex.php with nothing in it except my header and footer....

i think this is a mistake i have made... any ideas where to start looking??

am xtra enabled..

thanks,

edd

Exactly the same for me too - I even got an SSL cert to try that ! (but hey for ?40 they are a good idea :)

when I set the debug mode on I get the repeated emails both HTTPD nochex : no response, and a blank debug email. In answer to L Davies response (thanks !) to my earlier post - I'm running 2.2 ms2, and in test mode the symptoms are the same (the debug obviously turn the mails on and off)

What really makes me think I screwed the install is the checkout_nochex.php final screen and no redirect at all...

now at least there is two of us, I don't feel quite so helpless at least :)

Hi,

i have just found out that i do not have CURL extensions on my server.....

my hosts cannot add this, is there any way i can add it myself or can i do without it? i see in the install file it says i need them i presume this is why the module will not work....

any ideas??

edd

I'm getting taken to nochex, and back to the site, but the debug emails are all still coming in as "No Response".

This is kinda urgent now, as client wants site to go live yesterday.

Miguel, what value do you have in the "APC Responder Module Address" section on the admin.

Hi,

i have just found out that i do not have CURL extensions on my server.....

my hosts cannot add this, is there any way i can add it myself or can i do without it?? i see in the install file it says i need them i presume this is why the module will not work....

any ideas??

edd

lol, ok i DO HAVE CURL EXTENSIONS

marcoh,

i have

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/nochex_notify.php

in my APC RESPONDER address....

also when i visit

https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/apc/createapc

and input the address i get no email response...

i have entered an email address in the admin section

OK THIS IS WEIRD

i decided to change my email address for the nochex module...

it was my email address for receiving payments, i changed it to summit else and i am getting emails.... which email address is supposed to go in the nochex admin section??? my store address?? my address that i use to log into nochex??

Edited by e-dard

when i visit

https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/apc/createapc

and input the address i get no email response...

i have entered an email address in the admin section

OK THIS IS WEIRD

i decided to change my email address for the nochex module...

it was my email address for receiving payments, i changed it to summit else and i am getting emails....  which email address is supposed to go in the nochex admin section???  my store address??  my address that i use to log into nochex??

The address that goes in the Email section is the address that you use to log into no-chex for payments. No-chex uses this information as the id for receiving payments. Hence it then knows which account the payment is to go too.

thanks,

so, i know i have CURL, the admin section of the module is fine, infact there appear to be no errors atall.

when i test APC using

https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/apc/testapc

i get about 10 emails a minute!!!! its crazy!! i don't know whether these are back logs because i have only just been able to get the emails to come through....

please someone help!!!!!

when i go through checkout i still am unable to get to nochex......

when i go through checkout i still am unable to get to nochex......

Edd, when you go through the checkout, what actually happens. Does the url change to nochex.

Or do you simply see the "Checkout_nochex.php" file.

Edd,  when you go through the checkout,  what actually happens.  Does the url change to nochex.

Or do you simply see the "Checkout_nochex.php" file.

the checkout_nochex.php file, with my website header and footer...

but nothing in the page....

i really appreciate your help thx..

edd

the checkout_nochex.php file, with my website header and footer...

but nothing in the page....

i really appreciate your  help thx..

edd

It sounds like the javacscipt command onload="SubmitForm()" is not actually running. have you disabled javascript for any reason ??????

you may wish to look at the code in the checkout_nochex.php file.

if you look around line 260. you will notice the javascript command to submit the form and the original url text with the tep_redirect function has been remarked out.

I would be tempted to start here. reverse the comments.

The code would end up being:

/*  //Set the page to auto submit the form
 echo '<script>function SubmitForm() { 
 document.checkout.submit(); 
 }
 </script>

<body onload="SubmitForm()">

';

echo $formlink;

*/
 // OLD URL POSTING METHOD PERSONALLY I THINK THIS IS MORE INSECURE THAN THE NEWER METHOD
      $url ="https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/checkout?cmd=_xclick&email=".MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_ID."&amount=".number_format($order->info['total'] * $currencies->currencies['GBP']['value'], $currencies->currencies['GBP']['decimal_places'])."&ordernumber=". $insert_id ."-". date('Ymdhis')."&returnurl=".tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL')."&firstname=".urlencode($customer_first_name)."&firstline=".urlencode($order->billing['street_address'])."&town=".urlencode($order->billing['city'])."&county=".urlencode($order->billing['state'])."&postcode=".urlencode($order->billing['postcode'])."&email_address_sender=".$order->customer['email_address']."&status=".strtolower(MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_TESTMODE)."&cancel_return=".tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL');
      // Process additional variables here
         if (strlen(MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_LOGO) > 0) {
            $url .= "&logo=".MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_LOGO;
         }
         if (MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_APCRESPONDER_ENABLE == 'True') {
            $url .= "&responderurl=".MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_APCRESPONDER;
         }

tep_redirect($url);

The benefit of doing this, would be that all the post variables will end up in the address bar where you can simply copy them to notepad and check for errors.

It sounds like the javacscipt command onload="SubmitForm()" is not actually running.? have you disabled javascript for any reason ??????

you may wish to look at the code in the checkout_nochex.php file.

if you look around line 260.? you will notice the javascript command to submit the form and the original url text with the tep_redirect function has been remarked out.

I would be tempted to start here.?? reverse the comments.

The code would end up being:

/* ?//Set the page to auto submit the form
?echo '<script>function SubmitForm() { 
?document.checkout.submit(); 
?}
?</script>

?<body onload="SubmitForm()">

';

?echo $formlink;

*/
?// OLD URL POSTING METHOD PERSONALLY I THINK THIS IS MORE INSECURE THAN THE NEWER METHOD
? ? ? $url ="https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/checkout?cmd=_xclick&email=".MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_ID."&amount=".number_format($order->info['total'] * $currencies->currencies['GBP']['value'], $currencies->currencies['GBP']['decimal_places'])."&ordernumber=". $insert_id ."-". date('Ymdhis')."&returnurl=".tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL')."&firstname=".urlencode($customer_first_name)."&firstline=".urlencode($order->billing['street_address'])."&town=".urlencode($order->billing['city'])."&county=".urlencode($order->billing['state'])."&postcode=".urlencode($order->billing['postcode'])."&email_address_sender=".$order->customer['email_address']."&status=".strtolower(MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_TESTMODE)."&cancel_return=".tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL');
? ? ? // Process additional variables here
? ? ? ? ?if (strlen(MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_LOGO) > 0) {
? ? ? ? ? ? $url .= "&logo=".MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_LOGO;
? ? ? ? ?}
? ? ? ? ?if (MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_APCRESPONDER_ENABLE == 'True') {
? ? ? ? ? ? $url .= "&responderurl=".MODULE_PAYMENT_NOCHEXAPC_APCRESPONDER;
? ? ? ? ?}

?tep_redirect($url);

The benefit of doing this, would be that all the post variables will end up in the address bar where you can simply copy them to notepad and check for errors.

ok this is getting me somewhere, nochex_checkout.php now has the nochex screen in it....

the address is this....

****https://www.nochex.com/nochex.dll/checkout?cmd=_xclick&[email protected]&amount=1.10&ordernumber=22-20041003090104&returnurl=http://www.blades2u.com/catalog/checkout_success.php&firstname=jo&firstline=12+maplin+street&town=wolves&county=&postcode=wv67bj&[email protected]&status=test&cancel_return=http://www.blades2u.com/catalog/checkout_payment.php&logo=http://www.yoursite.com/logo.gif&responderurl=http://www.blades2u.com/catalog/nochex_notify.php

edd

Edited by e-dard

I had the same problem with the address details not showing up when in Test mode.

For the time being, I wouldn't go any further. I would turn of test mode first and then go throught this process again.

See if the address details are shown then.

Mark

I had the same problem with the address details not showing up when in Test mode.

For the time being,? I wouldn't go any further.?  I would turn of test mode first and then go throught this process again.

See if the address details are shown then.

Mark

see above post... i edited it, sorry bout that... the addess bar shows the info i was been an idiot...

this is in test mode...

edd

Edited by e-dard

see above post... i edited it, sorry bout that... the addess bar shows the info i was been an idiot...

this is in test mode...

edd

So does everything look like its working correctly now?

What did you do. did you replace the code with the section that I sent?

If it looks like its working and you see the no-chex payment screen. then I would do a test transaction and see if the APC is returned.

Mark

ok well this is good and bad....

i tried a live payment,

it went through the checkout process, got to nochex, pulled out me credit card...

paid myself ?1.10 fine, got redirected to my checkout_success.php...

well....

in my admin section..

under customers -> orders.. there is the order..

it is still listed as nochex_processing still even though that is the stage it was at when i left the site to go to nochex... and i have also completed payment correctly

under nochex apc -> transactions..

there are no orders what so ever...

the only thing i can think of is that i have the whole catalog directory protected at the moment... is that gonna effect nochex sending back confirmation??

edd

ok well this is good and bad....

i tried a live payment,

it went through the checkout process, got to nochex, pulled out me credit card...

paid myself ?1.10 fine, got redirected to my checkout_success.php...

well....

in my admin section..

under customers -> orders.. there is the order..

it is still listed as nochex_processing still even though that is the stage it was at when i left the site to go to nochex... and i have also completed payment correctly

under nochex apc -> transactions..

there are no orders what so ever...

the only thing i can think of is that i have the whole catalog directory protected at the moment... is that gonna effect nochex sending back confirmation??

edd

YES IT WILL BE A PROBLEM.

If you've got the catalog directory protected, then the nochex apc responder won't be able to open the nochex_notify.php file.

Something to note, which is not documented very well. when you make a payment through nochex, upon sucess or failure, you are returned to your check_out pages. This is what you have seen (and maybe asked for your password again).

The APC, however, is done via another stream. the nochex_notify is actioned by nochex themselves under a seperate link. it is not part of the customers re-directions. Therefore if the directory is protected, nochex will not be able to open the page.

I don't think I explained that very well. hopefully, you'll know what I mean.

YES IT WILL BE A PROBLEM.

If you've got the catalog directory protected, then the nochex apc responder won't be able to open the nochex_notify.php file.

Something to note, which is not documented very well.  when you make a payment through nochex,  upon sucess or failure,  you are returned to your check_out pages.  This is what you have seen (and maybe asked for your password again).

The APC, however, is done via another stream.  the nochex_notify is actioned by nochex themselves under a seperate link.  it is not part of the customers re-directions.  Therefore if the directory is protected, nochex will not be able to open the page.

I don't think I explained that very well.  hopefully, you'll know what I mean.

ok,

i tried a live payment without any proteciton on the directory.... the only directory protected is the admin section...

the same problem..

i get no change to the status of the order and no order in the transaction seciton of the nochex apc admin bit...

i am getting one email from nochex to confirm i received payment and one to say i have paid but of course these are from nochex so are irrelevant to the problem at hand...

it appears then the apc is not working...

maybe i need to be using the original code??

i do not have java script disabled as far as i know.. i have service pack2 but i presume that only blocks pop ups and active x etc...

edd

it appears then the apc is not working...

maybe i need to be using the original code??

i do not have java script disabled as far as i know.. i have service pack2 but i presume that only blocks pop ups and active x etc...

edd

Edd, I wouldn't change the code back if I was you. obviously there is something wrong with the original code working on your machine however, we have solved one issue.

We are now talking to nochex, thats a good start. the next stage is to look at the apc.

I suggest we continue this off the forum. send me a pm with your url details.

Edd,  I wouldn't change the code back if I was you.  obviously there is something wrong with the original code working on your machine however, we have solved one issue.

We are now talking to nochex, thats a good start.  the next stage is to look at the apc.

I suggest we continue this off the forum.  send me a pm with your url details.

please keep the answers coming - my symptoms are identical to edd's and I'd really appreciate it if you get to a solution I can implement.

:)

Does anyone know if you have to have nochex specifically enable your IP to work with APC, or is that all passed correctly in the 'old code' ? (just my thoughts)

thanks,

Andy

Does anyone know if you have to have nochex specifically enable your IP to work with APC, or is that all passed correctly in the 'old code' ? (just my thoughts)

thanks,

Andy

enable your IP ? the comunication goes over http post variables. There should be no references to IP.

With review to the javascript section not working. this is a strange one because It works ok on my test machines including my programming laptop which has every patch imaginable on it.

If you are having problems however, there is nothing stopping you from amending the code as I have previously shown in the forum.

It will be interesting to see how many other people are having problems with the javscript code, or whether or not it has something to do with an incorrect installation of the contribution.

enable your IP ?  the comunication goes over http post variables.  There should be no references to IP.

Sorry, that wasn't a very clear question, I'll try again:

I read lots of stuff on the greenroom about nochex blocking IPs to prevent DOS attacks on their APC server - their help page suggests you can either post all the destails or have them set up an default APC response on your account (and implies you may have to have Nochex enable your IP to work with APC).

I can't get the test APC from nochex to do anything at all - I get the basically empty debug mail implying that nochex send the test apc to me, but then don't respond to the reply from the script.

I'll email Nochex and ask the question....

On the Javascript, my google feedback for adwords conversion tracking seems to work (which is javascript), and my host reckons Java is all enabled ?

cheers

andy